Receiving Photos after Stingray Tour

MochiiOwl

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I took our first cruise last year.  We were on the Island Princess Panama Canal Cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in December 2022.

During our stop in Grand Cayman, we booked a shore excursion through Princess called Stingray Sandbar & Cayman Highlights.  This took us to a rum factory, Hell, the turtle center, and finally Stingray Sandbar where we got to go into the water and swim with the stingrays.  During the stingray encounter portion of the excursion we had a wonderful time, and the people who took us out on the boat helped to take photos of us with the stingrays.

After we all got on the boat headed back to the beach, our tour guides came around asking whether we wanted to purchase our photos.  They wanted $50 to either email or airdrop the whole set to our phones.  We knew that purchasing the photos from the tour company would cost extra and we were happy to pay for them.  However, we didn't realize that they would only take cash and it had to be done on the boat.  There wasn't an office or shop on land that we could stop at to use a credit card. 

Being first time cruisers, we had brought cash on our excursion, but had spent the majority of it at our other stops.  We only had $40 left and so couldn't purchase our photos on the boat.  We were told by our guide that we could coordinate with the tour company via email to pay for our photos afterwards and have them sent to us.  

Since coming home, I have emailed and called the Caymanian Land & Sea Cooperative Society Ltd.  I've spoken with the manager there several times.  She has been trying to contact the boat that took us out to the sandbar to try to get in contact with the guide who took the photos.  But unfortunately, there has been no response from them and it's been months.

My question is has anyone had any experience or advice on what to do now?  We can't get the tour guides from the boat to send the tour company our photos to us.  I guess this is a learning opportunity for us, but if anyone has any advice, we'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

• 11 months later...
On 3/22/2023 at 3:54 PM, MochiiOwl said:

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I took our first cruise last year.  We were on the Island Princess Panama Canal Cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in December 2022.

During our stop in Grand Cayman, we booked a shore excursion through Princess called Stingray Sandbar & Cayman Highlights.  This took us to a rum factory, Hell, the turtle center, and finally Stingray Sandbar where we got to go into the water and swim with the stingrays.  During the stingray encounter portion of the excursion we had a wonderful time, and the people who took us out on the boat helped to take photos of us with the stingrays.

After we all got on the boat headed back to the beach, our tour guides came around asking whether we wanted to purchase our photos.  They wanted $50 to either email or airdrop the whole set to our phones.  We knew that purchasing the photos from the tour company would cost extra and we were happy to pay for them.  However, we didn't realize that they would only take cash and it had to be done on the boat.  There wasn't an office or shop on land that we could stop at to use a credit card. 

Being first time cruisers, we had brought cash on our excursion, but had spent the majority of it at our other stops.  We only had $40 left and so couldn't purchase our photos on the boat.  We were told by our guide that we could coordinate with the tour company via email to pay for our photos afterwards and have them sent to us.  

Since coming home, I have emailed and called the Caymanian Land & Sea Cooperative Society Ltd.  I've spoken with the manager there several times.  She has been trying to contact the boat that took us out to the sandbar to try to get in contact with the guide who took the photos.  But unfortunately, there has been no response from them and it's been months.

My question is has anyone had any experience or advice on what to do now?  We can't get the tour guides from the boat to send the tour company our photos to us.  I guess this is a learning opportunity for us, but if anyone has any advice, we'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Sorry I don’t have more information about getting the photos - if I had to guess, they probably delete them soon after each tour. But I am curious about this particular excursion and am hoping you may be able to clear this up for me. 

On the excursion description page, Princess lists both “Stingray City & Sandbar” & “Snorkeling & Diving” as highlights. 

What was the extent of the “snorkeling & diving”? Was it just getting in the water with the stingrays, or does this excursion also take you elsewhere in the water where you can see fish, coral reef, etc