Anyone use the airport shuttle bus from the pier?

partyboy

While disembarking my cruise in December on the Caribbean Princess in Ft. Lauderdale, I noticed a full size bus with the placard just above the windshield that read "AIRPORT SHUTTLE". It did not have any rental car affiliation as far as I could tell. The bus was just waiting in the area where the taxi's pull up for disembarking passengers. I had many people in my group and was busy looking for a van to take us to our hotel, so I did not have a chance to question the driver.

I am curious if anyone has ever used this service and what was the cost?

Thanks!:)

This shuttle runs between the port and the rental car center at the airport. You are dropped off at the center and catch the shuttle to the terminal. You can also do this in reverse. As there is only one shuttle you got to be quick. It picks up at the 'island' in the parking lot where the rental car shuttles show up. It is operated by the county and is not affiliiated with a particular agency. No fee but tip the driver!

We always request transfers during our booking.

We had to wait for the bus to be fully loaded with passengers before boarding.

That meant waiting for several airline flights to arrive.

Once ordered to the bus, the driver loads everyones suitcase - one-by-one.

Not an easy task.

Drivers are always pleasant.

He would than drop ya off at the bus terminal at port. There they take care of your luggage and you're off to the long line to register in.

To me it's worth the money.

Princess also has Shuttle buses that pick up passengers at local areas in Fla. It is very convenient for those who do not fly or want to leave their car in the parking lot.

As of today, Princess does not offer this in the NY area.

We decided to get a transfer during the cruise. $10 pp, plus tip to the driver. Had 3 busloads going to FLL. I thought it was well worth it, as I did not see a taxi anywhere in sight.

That's unusual. No taxis when you disembarked?? Each time I've cruised from FLL there were taxis lined up everywhere.

Did you disembark on a weekend?

Bill

No Taxi's? In FLL we grab a porter, grab our bags, and then HE grabs us a taxi. We aarive there before 9:30. Believe me it is well worth taking a taxi and arriving early then an hour later with all the shuttles and hundreds of other cruisers. That is when you don't want to arrive at the airport! :D

The ship shuttles take way too long. We just got back off the Sea Princess and the cost from port to Airport was $14 total for the 2 of us. We were off the ship and in the taxi in 2 minutes and another 5 minutes to the airport. Easy way to be transported.

Archived