Times Square Suites Vancouver - Opinions?

Hello ☺️ Has anyone stayed at Times Square Suites pre-cruise? I’m curious about your experience and the quality of rooms and location.  I have used the search function with no luck. I’m booked at the Atrium right now, but I’m having second thoughts about both quality and location. We’d like to wander around for the day.

Edited by mrecc

• mrecc changed the title to Times Square Suites Vancouver - Opinions?
7 hours ago, mrecc said:

Hello ☺️ Has anyone stayed at Times Square Suites pre-cruise? I’m curious about your experience and the quality of rooms and location.  I have used the search function with no luck. I’m booked at the Atrium right now, but I’m having second thoughts about both quality and location. We’d like to wander around for the day.

Assuming by Atrium you mean the Inn on E Hastings get the fudge out of that booking right the heck now - it's in a ghastly location for tourism! Hands-down the furthest you can be from anything you want to see while still technically inside Vancouver; while the reno a few years back did seem to gussy the joint up the bones are still crappy and old.  The 'hood of Hastings-Sunrise does have some nice parts, but poverty and addiction issues plague pretty much the whole of East Hastings Street in Vancouver, so even though the hotel is in a fairly quiet area (at least when there isn't anything going on at the PNE grounds) you will have to pass through the worst part of the city every time you go downtown, and buses along Hastings are notorious for binners bringing garbage bags full of recyclable items onboard which leads to a loud and often smelly ride compared to most other routes.

Times Square Suites is in a vastly superior location for wandering from; and second-hand I can also say that it seems well-run, decent rooms, and if you consider renting a car at all the parking is secure (friends who came to visit pore-Pandemic, with too many kids for us to put them up ourselves, stayed here for a week - caveat that this was a few years back now, staffing may not be as good etc. etc. but the same issues apply to every hotel these days!)

• Like 1

@martincath What an informative and useful response!! 😊 Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with me. I have cancelled the Atrium (yes, it is the same one) and will likely book Times Square Suites. I did some online customer review research about Times Square, and it seems to meet our needs very well. Lots of positive reviews! Thank you again for your valuable input! 😊

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed here and would definitely recommend.  Across the road from a supermarket so if you are wanting to cook for yourself no issues and if you are wanting to take your own lunch when out being a tourist.  A bike shop handy if you are wishing to rent a bike and explore Stanley Park.   Not far down to the water and overall a great place to stay.  You won't be disappointed.