Cabin Question

CLDS

We have booked 2 guarentee cabins for our upcoming cruise with our teenage sons. Our TA said they will get us close together. Now I am getting worried that we may wind up on different ends of the ship or different decks. Last time we had them in the room with us. Do they try to keep families together or do I need to book a certain room? I don't mind if they are a couple of door down but at 15 & 16 I want to be able to keep an eye on them.

Thanks for your help!

Cheryl

They will try very hard to keep you together because they are minors. Do not worry. If it is two adult cabins you may get a little further apart but you should be safe.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ...We may wind up on different ends of the ship or different decks... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheryl, you say that like it's a BAD thing !!! icon_biggrin.gif

Just strike the fear of the Almighty into them about appropriate on-board behavior before you leave, and they'll be fine ...

B.

Ship_at_island.gif

"Good God, he's talking with parrots - Painting his dreams in the sand

Piling up beaucoup demerits, Doing it just 'cause he can

But Peter Pan would understand his schemes and dreams and ploys

Best keep an eye on his slight hand, He's such an altered boy"

-- James W. Buffett

Carnival Triumph, April '02

Carnival Sensation, January '04

Golden Princess, April '04

Carnival Sensation, Golden Princess / Caribbean Princess pix at: Cool Cruisin' Pix

e-mail: bobandkarenny@yahoo.com

If the cabins were booked at the same time (and obviously, they were), Carnival should have them "linked" together. My PVP told me that when cabins are linked, they will be in the same general area, like it could be next door or down the hall, on the same deck, and not at the opposite end of the ship. Don't worry.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Thanks to all who replied! I feel better. And I am a firm believer in the fear theory, they don't want to be left behind next time! icon_smile.gif

Thanks again,

Cheryl

Actually, in our case it's always been ME that's struggled with the fear...and rightfully so.

Regardless of where we've ended up with our cabins I've always put a considerable amount of time into setting some guidelines for our teens to follow while on board. They closely resemble our guidelines on land and have evolved as they have gotten older but there have been guidelines nonetheless.

Where the danger I fear can come into play is by simply turning them loose with no direction thinking "well what can happen, they're on a ship!"

A lot can happen, but not what you might think.

For the most part not seriously bad stuff but, more commonly, things that may or may not be in our plans at the time such as discovering alcohol, for example.

You see, a cruise is like life in an accelerated mode for teens. They'll meet friends and pack a lot of living into a week at sea. On the last night it's not uncommon to see teens in the Pizza place that have stayed up all night, not doing anything bad, but trying to cope with the loss of friends they've made that they will no doubt never see again come sunrise.

There's really nothing you can do about that except be there for support as I am sure you already are if needed. But providing them with some guidlines, some structure, will help them have the great vacation that they too deserve...and cut way down on the reports on this board of "drunken teens run amok at 3AM"

Just some food for thought

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Sapphire Princess June '05

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

Archived