2024 Venice to Rome

Dianetraveler

We had rented an apartment in Venice some years ago prior to a cruise. It was great staying in the city after the tourists left for the day. We also had a three day pass for the vaperreto  (spelling?) looking for something different 

2 hours ago, zqtchas said:

There is a fast train to Rome. Use first class.

We  met a woman that took it for the day on a shopping spree.

I' might be missing something, but why take a train to Rome and back for a day, when the cruise ends in Rome? (I think most people would be happy to have an extra day in Venice. Even if you've been multiple times before, going to one of the outer islands offers lots of possibilities for a nice day.)

15 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

I' might be missing something, but why take a train to Rome and back for a day, when the cruise ends in Rome? (I think most people would be happy to have an extra day in Venice. Even if you've been multiple times before, going to one of the outer islands offers lots of possibilities for a nice day.)

sorry, I thought the cruise was ending and they wanted to go to Rome.

I always think it’s worth it to spend a few days.  You’re already there so the additional cost is minimal.  In fact, we try to take advantage of airline layover programs in connecting cities because we can basically see a new city for free (Turkish Airlines) or minimal cost (Qatar Airlines) using their programs. We are adding 2 nights before and after our Athens/Venice cruise this summer. 

• Thanks 1