Which cruise line/ship for teens on a one way?

kimogilvie

My oldest has chosen to do an Alaskan cruise for his graduation trip in summer 2024.  This is a trip to celebrate him, so I don't want to only concentrate on ports/excursions and then have him be bored on the ship.  Initially, I was leaning towards Ovation of the Seas - can't go wrong with teens on a quantum class ship.  But after looking into it, I have decided that if we are going all the way to Alaska, we are going to see more than the tip of the southeast arm.  

I would like to do a one-way Northbound and add in a Denali land tour at the end.  Is there a cruise line/ship that you would recommend for teens (ages 18, 16, 15, 13)?  Is one better for the 18-20 crowd since the teen club will no longer be an option for the oldest?  Do these one-way itineraries still have a lot of kids/teens on them or is it an older crowd?  I was leaning towards NCL jewel of the seas or RCL ROTS, but it doesn't look like either of those go into glacier bay - do you know of any other family friendly ships I should look into that may also include glacier bay?

On 3/26/2023 at 2:02 PM, kimogilvie said:

My oldest has chosen to do an Alaskan cruise for his graduation trip in summer 2024.  This is a trip to celebrate him, so I don't want to only concentrate on ports/excursions and then have him be bored on the ship.  Initially, I was leaning towards Ovation of the Seas - can't go wrong with teens on a quantum class ship.  But after looking into it, I have decided that if we are going all the way to Alaska, we are going to see more than the tip of the southeast arm.  

I would like to do a one-way Northbound and add in a Denali land tour at the end.  Is there a cruise line/ship that you would recommend for teens (ages 18, 16, 15, 13)?  Is one better for the 18-20 crowd since the teen club will no longer be an option for the oldest?  Do these one-way itineraries still have a lot of kids/teens on them or is it an older crowd?  I was leaning towards NCL jewel of the seas or RCL ROTS, but it doesn't look like either of those go into glacier bay - do you know of any other family friendly ships I should look into that may also include glacier bay?

I believe NCL and Princess do Glacier Bay, but I did Radiance last year and am doing it again this year with my parents.  It was a great itinerary for us, especially with our tiny mini land tour (basically extra tours in Seward) beforehand, so we are gonna do Denali and Seward this year for a longer time.