NCL small group tours

I’m looking for feedback in the NCL small group tours?  I called to move an excursion and the lady talked me into booking one.  I have a receipt but nothing shows up in the app and I can’t see it there?  She said it was 6 hours but the similar one, not small group is only 3.5hrs and I’m not sure if they are normally longer.  If you have done these what do consider the pros and cons?  She said there would be no headsets provided so I am thinking that is a con (hubby has hearing challenges and the headsets help a lot)

35 minutes ago, Happycrafter123 said:

I’m looking for feedback in the NCL small group tours?  I called to move an excursion and the lady talked me into booking one.  I have a receipt but nothing shows up in the app and I can’t see it there?  She said it was 6 hours but the similar one, not small group is only 3.5hrs and I’m not sure if they are normally longer.  If you have done these what do consider the pros and cons?  She said there would be no headsets provided so I am thinking that is a con (hubby has hearing challenges and the headsets help a lot)

That's a lot to unpack.  Don't know why your tour hasn't shown up on your reservation.  Call NCL or your TA and ask.  Length of tours can vary from one port to another.  Sometimes there are two tours to the same location with one being short and another taking the full day.  The use of radio headsets also varies, but is more common with larger tours that use full size buses.  Tours using smaller vans usually cost more per person than larger bus tours, but they have the advantage of more personal contact with the tour guide.  The smaller groups give you a greater opportunity to set your own pace, spending more time at the interesting points of the tour, and cutting short the less interesting parts.  There's less wasted time while the guide tries to round up all the stragglers.  At many locations a large bus has to park at a bus lot on the outskirts of town, meaning you may have a 10 to 15 minute walk (or more) to get to the main attraction.  The smaller vans can sometimes make their way through narrow streets to get you closer to the action. 

Edited by The Traveling Man
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, I hadn't thought of the logistics like how much further you may have to park, that is great feedback!  Just off a long phone call and NCL agent today confirms it is only 3 1/2 hour (the previous agent had made a mistake on time, and unfortunately the tour I gave up for this is now sold out, as is almost everything else....), but as you note it is a lot more efficient, it's unfortunate about the headsets, but some good points you've mentioned, appreciate it.  If nothing else, it will be interesting to try a different style of shore excursion, and time afterwards for the pool....

oh, and for others interested, the small group tours can only be booked (at this time) by calling in, not via website or app, and after booking it, it will NOT show up on your app or website (they ware working to fix that apparently), so you just have to rely on the email receipt and then when you get to the ship, the tickets in your room, nothing will show on app or website for the small group tours.