Riviera Food

SSFrance69

31 minutes ago, sunpsyche said:

Quite the extensive menu and wonderful options for meat and fish lovers. Unfortunately, vegetarian choices seem to be pasta and sides. Thanks for posting. 

My husband was vegetarian on our first cruise in December 2021, and I/we don't eat meat every day. The specialties are definitely limited, but there are tons of vegetarian and vegan choices in MDR, Terrace, even some in Waves (which I didn't know about until near the end of the cruise since there was no Waves menu showing many of the options...actually noticed while getting ice cream). I think if there is a vegetarian/vegan in a couple/group at a specialty that you can order off other menus since the specialty menus are so limited (except for Red GInger...yummy choices there!).

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

If you let  them know ahead of time  they can make you something

Make sure you have it noted in your file if you are Vegan  do not rely on just  walking into dinner  & have something  on the menu

5 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

My husband was vegetarian on our first cruise in December 2021, and I/we don't eat meat every day. The specialties are definitely limited, but there are tons of vegetarian and vegan choices in MDR, Terrace, even some in Waves (which I didn't know about until near the end of the cruise since there was no Waves menu showing many of the options...actually noticed while getting ice cream). I think if there is a vegetarian/vegan in a couple/group at a specialty that you can order off other menus since the specialty menus are so limited (except for Red GInger...yummy choices there!).

Thank you both for this valuable information. It’s great to hear that they are accommodating to special diets and requests. We sail in suites and Luminae has always gone out of their way to provide meals to my needs and specifications. 
We also have been quite curious about this line and are very encouraged hearing your experiences!

1 hour ago, sunpsyche said:

Thank you both for this valuable information. It’s great to hear that they are accommodating to special diets and requests. We sail in suites and Luminae has always gone out of their way to provide meals to my needs and specifications. 
We also have been quite curious about this line and are very encouraged hearing your experiences!

We had never cruised before, but after Covid messed with our jet-lag-avoiding QM2 TA I was surfing and found CC's article on the best cruise lines for vegetarians. O ranked 1st. I mean really, who wants to have to pick their food a day in advance or eat salad and pasta every day?

1 hour ago, sunpsyche said:

Meet with the dining desk by reception when you board. They will arrange to show you the menus in advance. If you want something besides what is offered on the set menus you can arrange to have special meals delivered to you anywhere you eat on board including the specialty restaurants. My husband is plant-based and he has always had great options to choose from and they never fail to get his meal delivered to the right venue.

On 3/26/2023 at 3:37 PM, terrydtx said:

Can't wait for our first cruise on O in the Marina in 2025. We are getting so disappointed in the food on Celebrity.

We're jumping ship from Celebrity for the same reason,  about to book our first Oceania cruise for this fall.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 2:50 PM, Woofa said:

That looks great.  We also had a Delicious pizza on Riviera in January.  Might have been the only people in the Waves area as I don't think this eatery is yet well known.  As you mentioned above I just wanted to remind people that you can mix and match within your meal.  We did have dinner one night in the Terrace then went down to the MDR for souffles.  I would not think twice about a nice pizza appetizer in Waves, main course lamp chops and lobster tail from the terrace grill and a souffle in the MDR to finish it off (with a great cup of coffee picked up in Baristas on the way.).  

We did the same!  Only we added in the Sushi Bar in the buffet as an appetizer!

Hi to many of our friends on that March 2 Caribbean cruise!

Loretta

• Like 2

On 4/11/2023 at 3:15 PM, schmidlapp said:

... about to book our first Oceania cruise for this fall.

See if any cruises on the Extraordinary Savings Sale meet your needs. The savings can be amazing. We rebooked both segments of our upcoming late 2023 B2B on Riviera in the Med. Saved a fortune and got better cabins, too! 

• Like 1