Questions about immigration/customs and overnight in Athens (Piraeus)

jgmorgan

We are booked on a cruise next year that starts and ends in Piraeus and visits ports in Israel and Egypt.  The final night of the cruise is overnight in Piraeus.

My questions are: 1) Will we have to go through immigration and customs when we disembark in Piraeus? and, 2) Given the fact that we are already back in Piraeus the day before, is it likely that we can simply walk off the ship as early on the final day as we wish without the normal disembarkation process?

Our plan is to travel from Athens to London for a few nights after the cruise and I will be booking our airplane tickets in the next few days.

Thanks in advance for your help.

What is your last port before Piraeus?  If it is a Schengen country, there will be no immigration on debarkation.  You would be free to debark any time but if before the official debark routine you would probably have to handle your own luggage.  
Edit:  I assume you are on Infinity, and it looks like there are no Schengen countries on your itinerary.  So I don’t know if the ship will collect your passports and take care of it on your final sea day, or you will have to do it ashore.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom