What NON alcohol beverages can I bring onboard???

RN7997

I've read here in the past that some people carry on soda, water, juice etc. Is there only certain brands (ex. coke vs pepsi) or types (cans vs bottles) that I can bring??? And how should I package it?? I was thinking about bringing some bottled water, juice boxes for the kids and cans of pepsi??? We are staying one night pre cruise in San Juan so I would buy it then, but wasn't sure how to package it to take it onboard. Just leave it in shopping bag, bring a box, suitcase????? What else is ok to take on?? Can I bring any snacks on?? Fruit snacks, peanut butter crackers?? Anything??? It will be different this time because we have our kids.

Thanks

RN - We bring water and soda onboard and have put it in our carryon and also just brought it on in the bag from the store. We've brought everything from small bottles of water to gallon jugs (we go through alot of water :) ). Most of the soda is in either liter bottles or the smaller individual bottles. I don't think can vs. bottle is an issue. You don't neccessarily need to stock up at the beginning, you can buy more in your different ports. Same for your snacks.

I have brought all kinds of snacks for my kids without any problems. I also brought diet cokes and ask my room steward the first to clear the fridge so I could put my drinks in there. I then bought some more when we were in San Juan and just took it back on the ship in the grocery bag. You shouldn't have any problems bringing what you want unless it's alcohol.

I'm going to have to bring all my favorites in a suitcase because I'll betcha none of the ports will have them. I just have to have my:

Diet Rite Black Cherry

Minute Maide Cherry Limeade Light

Fresca

If they confiscate them for any reason, I'll be throwing a baby-girl tantrum:D

We carried our beverages on a rolling luggage rack. This worked out really well as we were carrying pop for 10 people. We had many stares as we boarded... we looked like we could have been suppliers!!!! The only thing... you will have to unload the luggage rack at the security line to have each package x-rayed. (we had cases and fridge packs of pop). We didnt have any problems at all. In the cabin, we used the fridge and we brought a soft sided cooler. We asked our cabin steward to fill the cooler with ice each day.. it was kept full 2 times daily ( and emptied of the melted ice).

We put our 24 oz. water bottles and Diet Pepsi bottles (oh, yeah, and wine bottles with bubble wrap) in ziplock bags and put them in a 22" rolling suitcase and check it through. Empty case is perfect to purchases at the end of the trip!

Archived