Americas cup excursion in St Marteen

cruisinthedaysby

We went on this excursion in St. Maarten (Oct. of '04), and it was awesome! The crew were very fun, friendly, and professional. The excursion is very well run, and definately one you'll remember. Also, there is no experience necessary ;-) which was a benefit to us!

I agree it is a good time. When we go back next year we will be doing again. When I first said I'd like to do this my wife was "I don't know". But she is just as much looking forward to it as I. I give it two thumbs up.:)

We did this excursion and had a fabulous time! We were lucky enough to draw the Stars and Stripes, and we beat True North! My DH was a grinder and I was a winch wench. They have jobs for everyone, from harder jobs to timekeeper and barkeeper. When the race was over, one man asked if he could steer the boat and the let him. After a while I asked if I could, too, and I got to sail Stars and Striped back into the harbor. It was the thrill of a lifetime!

Here are pictures from that excursion: http://community.webshots.com/album/528943965HpvFnj

Guest caribcruzin

We just did this excursion on our Feb 25 Caribbean Princess cruise and it was one of our very favorites of all our excursions ever! Well worth the money!

My husband did it about 10 years ago and had a wonderful time. They all came back like drenched rats but had big smiles on their faces. By all means do it - there were a couple of kids on it too and they loved it. He was on True North and beat Stars & Stripes!!!

Yes definitely - my brother and I were on this excursion 2 weeks ago and we had a fantasic time. It depends on what you class as a good trip but we really liked it because unlike most coach tours this was on the open water, there was a sense of adventure, we could actively participate and we got the chance to try out sailing on a fantastic yacht.

We were assigned Stars and Stripes and we beat True North in the race!!!

One thing I have to mention is that if you really want to get the most out of the experience be prepared to have a good upper body workout. I was the youngest guy onboard but I thoroughly enjoyed assuming the role of a primary grinder. It made the buffet so much more worthwhile back on the Golden Princess!!!

Archived