Difference between suites?

fudge

I can't resist this.  On one cruise on the Muse we had a noice in the ceiling, probably in the HVAC system they couldn't fix.  So the hotel director asked if we would mind changing rooms. He put us in an owners suite.  Believe or not I thought it too much.  There was a dining are that seats 8.  Another dining room table on the double wide veranda that seated 6.  A few seating areas with a couch and chairs.  It was 1000 + square feet.  There were 2 owners suites on the Muse, the passenger in the other held a cocktail party for 60 the night before we moved.  I should add that the suite change occurred during dinner, and the SS crew, moved every single article-clothing-they folded everything we had that could be folded, stuff we had lying around, everything, perfectly. The price for this is astronomical, up to 10 times the price of a standard  veranda.  

That said it's too much.  If I was doing a 150+ day would tour it would would be nice.  But we don't eat in the room, don't travel with others to entertain, just don't need it.   Earlier this year we did a 31 day cruise in a deluxe veranda with no problem 

The comments on location are worth noting.  If you get remotely sea sick, pick something in the center of the ship, maybe decks 5-7.  You do not want to be fore or aft, In rough seas its like a roller coaster ride.

Oh, in the owner's suite they give you a bunch of goodies, one being a tan Silversea baseball cap that has a lot of silver embroidery.  If you see someone wearing one, know that they have paid big bucks.  

• Like 1