Post Cruise Land Package Newbie Questions

Sebbiesgrammy

Please forgive newbie questions if this has already been covered. I'm not very good at  searches on this site.

Our first SS cruise disembarks in Barcelona, a place we haven't visited before.  We have the D to D package with business upgrade. Our trip isn't until Sept so we have no flight info yet but we leave out of NYC so I'm optimistic that we will get decent flights and that we won't have a problem with a request to arrive one day early in Lisbon and can keep the transfer if we use their hotel.

But if we want to spend a few days in Barcelona on our own after disembark, will we lose the included transfer to the airport and the limo service from airport to home?

SS offers a post cruise package but no $$ on the website.  Hotel they offer looks ok but we want to use points, if possible.  If we stay on our own can we  keep SS flights and transfers to airport and front door? 

My TA is great, but I'm trying to avoid the back and forth if the experts in this forum already have the answers.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

We were D to D in Nov. disembarking in Lisbon. We stayed 4 days extra in Lisbon. We did lose the hotel to Lisbon airport transfer. We did not book the hotel through SS. I think if we had, we would have still gotten the airport transfer.

Your home to airport transfers are fine but you will not have airport to hotel if you don’t use SS hotel.  Regarding your flights, be proactive.  Email your TA your top 2-3 flight choices instead of hoping they will give you the best flights.  You can do this 270 days in advance.   Also, don’t worry about bothering your TA. I assume you are using a SS TA.  They are getting a nice commission from your trip and you should never ever feel like you are bother.  Enjoy!