Checking in-Royal noob

So this is my mom and I's first cruise on Royal (her first ever). When I checked into my Carnival cruise last time, I was able to start check-in and just choose a time to show up at the port and then come back later to finish the process. Am I able to do that on Royal as well? My mom lives 1000 miles away, so I don't want to be checking in at o dark thirty and have to have her information right then and there.

I also swear I saw something on another thread about needing a picture of each of us? (I could be going crazy too.) No issue unless if I can just upload a picture of her. I'm excited for our first cruise on Royal, but I'm also not as confident since I'm not used to their processes! We also have The Key, so I think we can show up in our chosen time, but then can board whenever? I think. I worry too much...

You can check in for both of you on the app with your desired arrival time.  You can try to upload a photo of her, but I'm not sure how well that will work.  

You may want to get her Passport number in advance to manually load into the app when you check in.  

The Key gets priority entry into the port building during each arrival time.  Some ports are more strict than others in Florida, so I suggest you stick with your assigned arrival time. 

Best wishes!  

Once check in opens up for your cruise you can check in for both you and your mom if you are on the same reservation or the reservations are linked. On the App you can choose your arrival time as soon as it opens up without having to finish the entire check in process (this only works on the app, not online). Key gets you priority boarding. 
You can skip uploading the pic if you want, they will take your pic at the terminal, takes two seconds. 
Enjoy your cruise 🙂

• Like 1