On board Credit?

I believe I read on the boards where someone booked a cruise at home and then transfered the booking while they were on board and received the credit. Can anyone out there let me know if this is so?

I booked a April cruise on Rccl.com in November and then while on my December RCCL Cruise rebooked the same cruise and had it transferred when I returned home. No problem- same cabin and Deposit transferred to my new booking number which gives me a Cabin Credit for booking while on a Cruise.

No. You can't transfer a booked cruise onto an onboard booking. The loyalty ambassador is not allowed to touch your booking, even if it is booked directly with RCCL. You can't even cancel, rebook, and get onboard credit for an existing booking. You can only make a new booking, for onboard credit.

Scenario: We booked 11 night cruise direct with RCCL in May 2005 when the prices came out. We sailed on 4 night Monarch in July 2005, and went to loyalty ambassador to inquire about cancelling, and rebooking same cabin to receive $200 onboard credit. It's not possible. Cabin can't be cancelled onboard. Fortunately for us, there was an even BETTER cabin available, and the price was the same as in May. We had to make a new reservation and deposit, and cancel our old booking when we returned home. :)

I see that Carla has posted. You could do that. But you can't "rebook" the same cabin on board. You have to book a cabin in the same category and then transfer everything when you get home if you want to keep the same cabin. If that makes sense, and the price hasn't changed.

MORE EDITING: Never mind, I asked DH. I was wrong. The loyalty abassador COULD have cancelled and rebooked us, but if there was a travel agent with a waitlist our coveted cabin, it could have been scooped up during the process. We had a large balcony cabin booked and wanted to keep it. You are not protected for price increases if you wait to book onboard. They are NEW bookings.

When you do this... are you booking at whatever the current price is onboard? or if the price went up since you booked at home can you still do this without paying the price increase and get the onboard credit?

I can see RCCL doing the first.... after all, if you are before the penalty phase for cancelling, you could always book a second cabin on board, cancel the first booking and then change the room you are in to the one you first booked and just cancelled.

We have three cruises currently booked without onboard credits... the price is still the same as when I originally booked for two of them, but the price has gone up substantially for the third. I'll be on Grandeur in 10 days.... I'd love to get an onboard credit for all three of those cruises! ;)

Archived