MUTS on GOLDEN - why not?

SSeaman

I'm curious why Princess hasn't added Music Under The Stars to the Golden Princess? It really seems to be a hit on its sister ship the Grand as well as others. Can it not be retrofitted to this ship or is it simply a matter of choice for Princess? I know the Golden does European cruises in the summer, could this be the reason?

Any thoughts?

After initial announcements that both Golden and Star would be retro-fitted, Princess re-thought the idea. Their official response was because MUTS is considered a warm-water feature, and these ships are slated for more than warm water cruises (like Northern Europe), MUTS would be underused. There is also the issue of retro-fitting the ships and Princess’ desire for that to happen during a dry docking period (once every two years) in order to lessen disruption of the passenger’s experience while on board. Finally, there isn’t an overwhelming positive response to MUTS on the retro-fitted ships.

Princess will have five ships with MUTS once Emerald Princess joins the fleet.

They initially were going to add it to the Golden and Star, then they announced that they weren't going to after all. I doubt it was because the Golden is in Europe, because the Golden won't be in Europe in 2007, she'll be on the west coast of the US in April 2007. My guess (and it's just a guess) is that they have some market research that suggests that people don't like it enough for it to make them any more money by installing it. But I have no insider info about MUTS, so your guess is as good as mine.

Wonder if Princess plans to retrofit the Royal Princess with MUTS? :D

Bite your tongue. Cruise News Daily, in its report about Royal Princess 2 indicated the ship would not be retrofitted with any such “feature.” Doing so, in my opinion, would wreck the whole ship.

Bite your tongue. Cruise News Daily, in its report about Royal Princess 2 indicated the ship would not be retrofitted with any such “feature.” Doing so, in my opinion, would wreck the whole ship.

Maybe they could install mini-TVs on each lounge chair on Deck 9 around the pool.. :D

Archived