What benefits do you get with a suite on Royal Caribbean?

I've never booked a suite before with a cruise line. I'm not sure what benefits would come with a Royal Caribbean Grand Suite. It shows dining in the Coastal Kitchen, a concierge, water, and Wi-Fi. Is that it? No drink package or speciality dining reservations, etc? Is there somewhere to see a full list of what benefits are offered? What about a Junior Suite? That one just says Coastal Kitchen, based on availability. Doesn't even sound like a sure thing. 

The benefits depend on the ship.  Which one are you looking are.  The newer ships (oasis class) have what is called suite class but still the benefits can vary a bit depending on the class of ship.   

No drink package or specialty dining with sky class (which is what a grand suite would be on suite class ships).  The Coastal Kitchen is a full restaurant for suites and pinnacles only.  It is considered nicer than the main dining room. Opinions vary on that, but the venue is great IMO.  On Oasis class you get free beer and wine in the Suite Lounge (connected to the CK) from 11-11 and free liquor during happy hour (about 5-8ish depending on the day or the ship).   You get other stuff as well like priority boarding, access to a suite sun deck, a concierge (who can do a lot for you) access to some reserved show seating areas (still need a reservation).  There are other benefits I’m forgetting but those are the big ones beside free wifi.  

54 minutes ago, goldenfarm said:

I've never booked a suite before with a cruise line. I'm not sure what benefits would come with a Royal Caribbean Grand Suite. It shows dining in the Coastal Kitchen, a concierge, water, and Wi-Fi. Is that it? No drink package or speciality dining reservations, etc? Is there somewhere to see a full list of what benefits are offered? What about a Junior Suite? That one just says Coastal Kitchen, based on availability. Doesn't even sound like a sure thing. 

You should have no problems doing costal kitchen for all meals , to be safe make reservations for dinner each night , junior suite can only do CK for dinner if there are tables available. Ships should have a 3 hour happy hour each night in suite lounge normally from 5 to 8 , you also get free WiFi and concierge.

1 hour ago, topnole said:

The benefits depend on the ship.  Which one are you looking are.  The newer ships (oasis class) have what is called suite class but still the benefits can vary a bit depending on the class of ship.   

No drink package or specialty dining with sky class (which is what a grand suite would be on suite class ships).  The Coastal Kitchen is a full restaurant for suites and pinnacles only.  It is considered nicer than the main dining room. Opinions vary on that, but the venue is great IMO.  On Oasis class you get free beer and wine in the Suite Lounge (connected to the CK) from 11-11 and free liquor during happy hour (about 5-8ish depending on the day or the ship).   You get other stuff as well like priority boarding, access to a suite sun deck, a concierge (who can do a lot for you) access to some reserved show seating areas (still need a reservation).  There are other benefits I’m forgetting but those are the big ones beside free wifi.  

It's a Grand Suite - Room 12854 - on Oasis of the Seas so I think that is Sky Class.

Edited by goldenfarm

1 minute ago, goldenfarm said:

It's a Grand Suite - Room 12854 - on Oasis of the Seas so I think that is Sky Class.

Yes.  That is correct.  Great ship to be a suite guest.  The SL has a great bar and we love CK.  

• Like 1