First Time MSC Cruiser

Dthorne1

Good Morning:
This is our first time cruising MSC in the Caribbean.  We've been on two MSC cruises in Europe, but it was several years ago, but they did match our status with Royal Caribbean, so we are Diamond.

How do we book dining in the specialty restaurants?  We've got about 40 days to go, and I don't see the options to book any restaurants on the website.

Is it like RCCL where if you like chops / hibachi that you can book those each night?

Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You can get a reservation on the ship. The website had only a few packages available before we sailed on Divina in March. None of them were attractive to us.

On board we asked about dining in the sushi restaurant, and were able to book a dinner (would have been an Ala carte dinner).  We ended up not going for unrelated reasons.

I couldn't figure out any way to pre-book dining on my current cruise. You may be able to call, but there was no way to do it through the app or the website. As soon as we boarded, we went to one of the specialty restaurants (on Meraviglia it was Ocean Cay) and were able to make all of our dining reservations at a desk they had set up there.

2 minutes ago, Dthorne1 said:

Good Morning:
This is our first time cruising MSC in the Caribbean.  We've been on two MSC cruises in Europe, but it was several years ago, but they did match our status with Royal Caribbean, so we are Diamond.

How do we book dining in the specialty restaurants?  We've got about 40 days to go, and I don't see the options to book any restaurants on the website.

Is it like RCCL where if you like chops / hibachi that you can book those each night?

Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You really can't book a particular restaurant until you are on board. Just need to stop by one of the restaurants where staff are out front, and they can do reservations at almost any of the restaurants for you once you are on board.