Norwegian Jade - Cabin 9648

dmccue

We recently cruised Dubai to Athens in accessible cabin 9648 on Norwegian Jade so I thought I would share some cabin photos. All was good except the inability to get legs under the hand basin in the bathroom.

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I posted details on my Jewel cabin 9650 a couple nights ago. The bathroom sink was wall-mounted and maybe a tad high for someone in a chair. (I use a walker.)

It's interesting Jewel was built in 2005, Jade in 2006, and both were refurbished in 2022. |

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for posting all the photos!

On 5/31/2023 at 3:08 PM, mg93901 said:

I posted details on my Jewel cabin 9650 a couple nights ago. The bathroom sink was wall-mounted and maybe a tad high for someone in a chair. (I use a walker.)

It's interesting Jewel was built in 2005, Jade in 2006, and both were refurbished in 2022. |

Thank you for all the details and photos on your cabin review. Some of our group will be on the Jewel in that cabin but on the starboard side. I am surprised that the door is right in the hallway opening to the elevator lobby--it doesn't look like it is on the deck plan maps I've seen.  At first when I read that, I was disappointed, but then when I thought about it and saw your photos, it may be a blessing to be able to drive a scooter straight in and out of the door and not have to navigate the angles into the the room in a tight hallway. And I'm glad you said it was quiet.

My family will have the beds separated into two singles, do you (or anyone else) have an idea where they would be put? Your photos make it look like there isn't room to just push them apart slightly, so I was thinking one would go along the wall under where the pull down bed is), but if that were so, where do you think the loveseat would go?

Thank for for so many photos of all elements of the room! So helpful!

Edited by psalm104
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, psalm104 said:

Thank you for posting all the photos!

You're very welcome. I like to share the kind of information I want and need.

Yes, I was also surprised the location was not as I saw it on the deck plan map. Please come back and report how the cabin worked or didn't work for your group members. I think you're right, driving straight in with the scooter will be convenient and not require any tricky maneuvering. By the way, the cabin door is very heavy. The scooter person might not be able to manage it alone.

Regarding twin bed set up, there is a small nightstand table between the wall and the bed. They'll pull that out, push one of the twins into the corner and slide the nightstand into the middle, between the twins, next to your heads. I hope my description makes sense. The problem with that though, the bed will be even closer to the sliding door and potentially make it even more difficult for someone with mobility problems to get out on the balcony. It doesn't sound like you personally need/have an accessible cabin though.

If you think of any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

• Thanks 1