Viking Ocean Optional Excursions Prices

milling73

Does anyone know if it is possible to see prices of optional excursions before booking the cruise?  Or has anyone taken recently and know?  Looking at North Pacific Passage, Far Eastern Horizons, Across the Bay of Bengal....

Thanks All...This site/group so helpful with sharing info.  Greatly appreciated.

Viking has never posted shorex prices on the website and they don't appear on MyVikingJourney until 120 days or so prior to sailing. It is a long shot but call Viking and ask if they can send you the information. It may take a couple of tries to get the information (not all of the phone agents know all of the tricks).

You have named the cruises you are interest in and perhaps someone will see your post and share what information. BUT I say this reservations because "Bay of Bengal" is a new itinerary and I don't know it has sailed yet or if anyone has seen prices and the other two have are underway now for the first time since the resumption of operations (and pre-pandemic prices may be too inaccurate as shorex prices have definitely risen).

You might try looking on the roll calls. I have a list for Hong Kong to Vancouver but no information for Bay of Bengal.

FAR EASTERN HORIZONS Hong Kong to Tokyo DATES: April 13 – April 29, 2023

Viking Orion - Far East & Alaska - April 15-May 20, 2023

Grand Pacific Explorer - Vancouver to Auckland - September 17, 2023

Viking Orion October 10, 2023 Far East Horizons (14 day) & SE Asia Horizons (28 day)

Far East and Alaska April 2024

Viking Orion, February-May 2024, Grand Pacific Explorer

Viking Orion-Far Eastern Horizons-October 2024-Tokyo to Hong Kong

28 minutes ago, CDR2001 said:

I’ve always received a former cruise PDF of excursions by using the Chat button. They email the PDF to me, with a note that prices and excursions are subject to change.

You were able to do that far in advance? Our cruise is a year away, so we certainly have time. But in the fall I'd like to be able to start price comparing to have some idea of what we're going to spend.

Yes, they sent me the most recent PDF, and I assumed prices would go up! The actual list for my cruise wasn’t available until around 120 days before sail date if I recall. 

Edited by CDR2001

3 hours ago, CDR2001 said:

I’ve always received a former cruise PDF of excursions by using the Chat button. They email the PDF to me, with a note that prices and excursions are subject to change.

Is this for cruises you were looking to book or cruises you had already booked?

3 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Is this for cruises you were looking to book or cruises you had already booked?

Once was for a potential cruise, ( in 2017) and the last ones were for cruises I had already booked. 

• Thanks 1