For those thinking of an aft balcony; Privacy

derf5585

You'll just have to watch and find out

Balcony club!

We had Main deck on the Pride cabins 4232 and 4230. There is more overhang than the other decks and we would have to literally lean out to even try to see if anyone was on the balcony above us. Because its more covered, the dividers are not as angled giving a little bit more privacy.

That being said, its still a balcony. Great to have, but its an open space and anyone that thinks any balcony is going to be 100% private may be giving a show and not knowing it.:eek:

We were on the Destiny in March, 06 .....had an aft wrap-around balcony & LOVED it!! Besides the slanting partition there was was a vertical piece that is from the top of the the partition to the railing. Someone would have to literally lean out & look around to see on your balcony. Not all the ships have this, I guess.

There are not many places on a ship for 100% privacy....that was not my concern. It just gave me ALOT more peaceful, quieter & scenic views (side & aft).

This was also our first aft balcony; which we enjoyed so much we've booked another one on our next cruise.

Wherever you are, enjoy your cruise!

Balcony club!

We have a club? What are the membership rqmts?

We had Main deck on the Pride cabins 4232 and 4230. ...

We've got Miracle 4230 in a few weeks. Can't wait to watch the stars and sip my wine and provide my own full moon.

I remember last year we were on the Sensation and when we docked there was another ship beside us. We looked out the window and saw a man in all his glory on his balcony smoking a cigarette. I don't think he cared who saw him because we waved and he waved back. :D

We just booked room 7298 aft suite with the wrap around balcony on The Miracle. Has anyone had this room?? Is there lawn chairs? Can I lay in the sun out there? People would see me if I was at the pool so I really don't care if they see me out there. I am just excited there will be enough space for all five of us to sit out there. The kids have an interior room across the hall.;)

We just had the aft wrap cabin 4228 on the Miracle & balcony divider is totally different than Derf's pics. ck out these pics http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/gallery/998399 & you will see what I mean. You would have to hang 1/2 way out of the balcony to see next door cabin.

I remember last year we were on the Sensation and when we docked there was another ship beside us. We looked out the window and saw a man in all his glory on his balcony smoking a cigarette. I don't think he cared who saw him because we waved and he waved back. :D

That was you :eek: ? Nice to see ya again. :D

Kidding...just kidding.

Thanks for the pics -- good to know. I thought I remembered standing above what seemed to be a cabin balcony when I was standing at the aft railing on my last cruise.

Looks like the aft cabins on the Legend are sold out for my sailing anyway. Are there similar issues with any balconies in any other locations?

Balcony club!

We had Main deck on the Pride cabins 4232 and 4230. There is more overhang than the other decks and we would have to literally lean out to even try to see if anyone was on the balcony above us. Because its more covered, the dividers are not as angled giving a little bit more privacy.

That being said, its still a balcony. Great to have, but its an open space and anyone that thinks any balcony is going to be 100% private may be giving a show and not knowing it.:eek:

What were the differences between those two rooms? The deck plan has a star symbol for 4232, but no star for 4230. Does that mean there is no sofa in 4230?? I'm looking at these rooms for a trip to Alaska on the Spirit. I want the extra coverage of the overhang on the main deck in case it rains.

We had a Aft Balcony on the Carnival Legend last March.. There was more than enough Privacy if needed. We were on deck 8 right underneath the Lido Deck. If we stayed near the cabin, no worries, if we went towards the railing, than we could see up/down.

NO BALCONY gives total privacy.. Go up front and out pn the little wings that extend and you can see every balcony down the ship for several levels....

And if someone wanted to look over the divider from next to us.. that was their choice...

We are booked in an aft balcony for next year..

We just booked room 7298 aft suite with the wrap around balcony on The Miracle. Has anyone had this room?? Is there lawn chairs? Can I lay in the sun out there? People would see me if I was at the pool so I really don't care if they see me out there. I am just excited there will be enough space for all five of us to sit out there. The kids have an interior room across the hall.;)

We've had 7298 on both the Miracle and Legend. When we walked out on our balcony this last time on the Miracle, there were NINE chairs and loungers out there! Someone must have had one whale of a party. Nine made it a bit too crowded, so we piled most of them up.

If you stand or lay close to the railing, then the folks up above can see a bit of you. If you stay closer to the wall, then no...not unless someone is craning their neck around the divider next door...:eek: And if that's the case, then give 'em a show!:D

I've got quite a few pics of the balconies in my webshots if you'd like to see. Just click on the links in my signature.

• 3 months later...
It was the Carnival Victory... Category 9a ... Upper Deck Cabin 6434

Here is the view from below... everything in red was our balcony.

we had the same cabin!! We booked a 8A guarantee and the upgrade fairy was very nice to us. It was private, but you probably should go around to the side if you forget your robe or anything like that. ;)

let me see if I can find a picture.

• 2 months later...

We had cabin 7448 on Glory. As soon as we saw our room steward we requested a chaise lounge be moved on to the balcony. That was the best spent tip of the cruise. On a regular balcony there is not enough room for the longer chair. We enjoyed meeting our neighbors at the railing of the balcony but when you are seated you can't see them and we didn't care if they saw us.

We just had the aft wrap cabin 4228 on the Miracle & balcony divider is totally different than Derf's pics. ck out these pics http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/gallery/998399 & you will see what I mean. You would have to hang 1/2 way out of the balcony to see next door cabin.

Ginny, we are booked in 4228 AND 4230, so your pics with the balcony divider open are just perfect! Aren't those wraparound balconies just ridiculously long? We had one on another Spirit-class and one on Miracle, and they are just the best!

We also had a 9A aft on Victory, and while the room was not as nice, the particular wrap we had had a huge balcony, too - but on the Destiny-class, the length of the wrap balcony can differ from deck to deck. On that one, we had the corner 9A and the adjacent one up the side, so that turned into a huge balcony too. the only problem there was that keeping the divider open was a real issue... On the Spirit class, they are really designed for open dividers, much less hassle.

Also, the Spirit-class aft dividers are less angled, more straight up and down, than on Destiny class - not quite as easy for the neighbors to lean around for a peek... Hmmm - check that. The UPPER deck dividers are more straight up and down - not sure of the higher deck aft cabins. We like the Upper deck because you can run right down that outside stairway to the promenade, which is a short cut to almost anywhere on the lower decks.