birth certificate thread #978345

On 4/24/2023 at 9:25 AM, adventuredancer said:

ok, i searched. and searched. 

b-i-l has a baby mom (from now on known as dumb idiot-and not just because of this situation). her application for passport was denied because she supplied the wrong version of birth certificate. she waited almost 2 months to tell me and then request a new copy of her birth certificate (she says they kept the other one). she has a photocopy of the very very beat up birth certificate she turned in. 

she was borne in texas, we live in florida. so she can't go in person to get one.

she already asked for the new one expediated back when she told me one month ago

we sail in literally ONE WEEK. it may or may not come in time. this is a family cruise (bil will get a letter from her just in case). and their solution right now (if the new birth certificate doesn't come), is for her to show up with the photo copy and hope they let her on. 

i know when they check you in, they look at your documents. i have always sailed with a passport.

what if Carnival allows her on (accepts her birth certificate copy), but then customs is not happy with the copy when she come back? 

what are the chances that they will accept this copy? (I know they will accept a copy, but its not an official copy and her original is very beat up). 

Hopefully everything worked out for your cruise?

2 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Hopefully everything worked out for your cruise?

she ended up con my father in law into paying for a plane ticket to texas and flew there few days before. and got her birth certificate. but both her and  my brother in law kept dumping their kid off on my mother in law

overall pretty good. but far from how it couldn've been

• Thanks 1