Rhapsody 3/5/ Just returned!

blyle

Thank you Dannymac for the review!!!! We sailed last year on the Rhapsody, but I really didn't drink as I was recovering from a spider bite. I am somewhat of a wine snob, enjoying bottles such as footbolt shiraz, and private selection vintages. I was dissapointed in reading their wine list last year. I am planning on taking two exceptional bottles with us for our Easter cruise next month, in my backpack that I haul along for all travelling that we do. I hope they do not confiscate them, as they are pricey. I understand we can't purchase hard liquor for in-cabin consumption any longer....wow. Rubbermaid containers, here we come.

The wine tasting and the cocktail seminar are listed in the Compass.

Wine tasting...Day 2 @ 3:30pm....$9.95pp

Cocktails........Day 4 @ 12:15pm...$9.95pp

Thanks for the info DannyMac. I'll be sure to raise a glass to you on my cruise.

Alphawave, bubble wrap your wine and put it in your luggage that is checked in, it will go right on through.

soocer06, we noticed kids with wrist bands but did not ask what they were for.

Cajungal, Thanks for the toast!!! If you do the cocktail seminar, watch out how many times you raise your glass. Those folks were not feeling any pain. They pick people to come up and mix a drink, one woman mixed one with 6 oz. of booze in it and she drank it all!!! Talk about chug a lug!!!!

If I can answer more questions, just post them. I have a complete set of the compass and can look up the info.

Wrist bands are for kids under 12 years old. it has there muster stations on them. That way if the kids are in Adventure Ocean they can easily be brought to their parents in an emergancy.

Do you happen to have any of the menus? My son is a picky eater. I know he will not starve (he'll eat hamburgers everyday if we let him), he has promised to try some things while on the cruise. I'd like an idea of things that will be offered. I know my daughter is looking forward to eating shrimp and/or lobster. Thanks.

The dining room always includes one fish,one beef , one poultry and one vegetarian entree. In addition there are other items listed for heart healthy food. You can always get a steak even if it is not on the menu. Just ask!.

We had lamb at least 3 times, turkey, grilled chicken, mahi mahi, salmon, tilapia, very little pasta, lobster once, shrimp a few times, prime rib, NY strip,

one curry dish, jerk chicken. There was an assortment of hot and cold soups, salads, crab cake, escargot, melons, fresh fruit. Hope that helps. We never ate dinner in the Windjammer because I eat too much there. The dining room has controlled portions which I prefer!

Archived