Palmetto zip line - cash or credit card?

Mrs Booboo

Mrs Booboo,

Expect a cash payment. Take travellers checks just incase they take that. I'm pretty sure that I have read/heard that credit cards are not excepted. Telephone lines here are not the greatest, especially if you need one to check a credit card.

Oh, and on whether most taxi's know where the canopy is, the passenger needs to stipulate "Jungle Canopy" at the Palmetto Bay Entrance, French Harbour.

Hope you have a great time.

Is the "Jungle Canopy" in Palmetto the original one from Honduras or is this the one that just recently opened.

I do not understand your question.

Roatan is part of Honduras, so all canopy tours on Roatan are "from Houduras".

There are now 3 available. The newest one on West Bay road that opened last month, I have NOT had the time to investigate their safety and their quality.

The first one and the original, at the top of West Bay hill, can only be booked on cruiseship days from your own cruiseship excursion's department. They do not accept walk up business.

The one I use.... called ROATAN JUNGLE CANOPY ($45pp), is just before French Harbour, and on the road to Palmetto. It is less than a year old, and accepts "Walk-up" traffic...with no need for a reservation.

I hope that helps.

If I didn't answer your question, please clarify.:)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your help. When I posted that message, I wasn't sure which canopy was which. I kept hearing all these names.."Jungle" "West Bay" "Palmetto" I heard that one of these tours is brand new and in French Harbour...but I wasn't sure which one was the newer one. I do know that Roatan is part of Honduras. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Archived