Question on Lobster Night....

cruisingbajan

Hi Guys,

I sail on my first cruise next month and I had heard that such a night existed on Carnival. Is this true?

I am allergic to all shell fish...lobster, shrimp crab etc...and a few others of the non shell variety as well:(.

My question is..are there options for someone in my predicament on this particular night on the dining room menu? Or should I head to the Lido?

Thanks guys...

Don't worry. Every night in the dining room, you'll have a choice of 6 or 7 entrees, plus several selections of appetizers, soups, salads, desserts, etc. You're certainly not limited to ONE item per menu.

Lobster tails are served on the first formal night of Carnival cruises. Other entrees on the menu for that particular night:

Prime Rib

Fillet of Pacific salmon

Whole roasted Quail

Trennette Putanesca

Brochettes of Fresh veggies - SPA choice

ANY night in the dining room, if you don't see anything on the menu that sounds good to you, you can order a filet mignon or a NY strip steak, or grilled chicken, baked potato, Caesar salad, etc. None of these are on the menu, but are available every evening....dining room only, not Lido.

Every night on the dining room menu - entrees of beef, seafood/fish, poultry, game, pasta. SO - I'm sure you'll find something wonderful. Also - if you order something and don't care for it, do not be shy....your waiter will remove it and let you order something else.:) Choices - there are always choices - without having to go to Lido buffet.

Make sure you tell the Maitre d' of your allergy, some foods may contain ingredients you may be allergic to. Also, don't forget your Epi-pen, there is a doctor onboard, but they may not be able to get to you as quickly as possible.

There is always a variety of food on the menu and I don't know why people refer to formal night as lobster night. It's just the night that lobster is included on the menu.

Thanks guys, you have put my mind at ease.

I certainly will alert the maitre 'd, I had an experience once where one of these items(I think it was the shrimp)was included in something I ate,:eek: may have been soup. Luckily my allergy is so sensitive as soon as I was about to taste it my symptoms felt like they were coming on.

Sure enough when I asked the waitress to check with the chef...there was shrimp in there. So that ended ok but now I always make sure to let everyone know when I go out.

Archived