Additional Charge

Delbankin

I was looking to see what our next Cunard cruise might be and specifically looking at Queen Anne. I noticed in the venue descriptions that there was a note “additional charge” listed against some of the venues so I looked at the other ships we have sailed on previously and noticed the same comment against venues such as The Commodore Lounge etc. I haven’t noticed that before. Is there in fact an “additional charge” for these venues now or does anyone know what this refers to in the description?.

I guess you are looking at the panels on the lower half of the voyage screens and it could be confusing. The logic gets slightly easier to understand if you start with the food options - so for the Lido, Britannias and Grills the panels will indicate that they are included in the fare. Go to the additional dining venue such as The Verandah it is marked "At additional cost", so typically $30 to $55 extra to dine there should you choose to do so. If you then go to say the Queens Room - this also has "At additional cost" on that, but in reality that area is a multi-purpose stage / dance area, where 95% of attendees won't be paying anything to watch or participate in the dancing (etc). However they do run a full bar service during certain events for the spectators, the drinks being at additional cost.

• Like 2