Passport panic! Can’t get past the passport expiry warning to check in

Tan210

14 hours ago, Tan210 said:

Thank you so much and I will update you all . Thanks for all your advice and comments 🙂 🚢 💜 

From the P&O website

“P&O Cruises guests can board and travel to EU countries* if their passport was issued less than 10 years before the day of embarkation and still has at least three months left before the date of expiry of the passport, as at the date of disembarkation (regardless of whether or not the passport has an extension period).”

So you should be OK

• Like 2

On 5/4/2023 at 9:50 PM, terrierjohn said:

I have no idea whether you are right or wrong, but I do know that my TA warned me that we must obey the Princess T&Cs on the 6 month rule. So faced with that warning it would be fool hardy to rely on the sympathy of the cruise line rather than ensure you renew your passport early.

Which you can't at present!  There is minimum 10 weeks stated at present and personal appointments are virtually impossible to book.  The message appears in the same way trying to get covid tests dud, ie there is no availability at present please try later.

We have a situation with my OH's passport where it will be valid on return for 5 months 2 days.  We fly to Greece early July  which does offer the 3 month option, we've been advised to carry print outs of every UK and Greek government website stipulation that the passport is valid.

We were unable to renew early due to.previously booked travel arrangements followed by the strike.

Hey, have you got a Twitter account? I know of an account that sends notifications when the last minute appointments go live. My friend got an appt and passport within days 

We were on the Arvia Easter cruise and they scrutinised our passports.  They didn’t expire until 28/04/24, which included a 6 month extension.  I asked if they would be ok for our August cruise on Aurora they replied no they wouldn’t.  
I called the passport office and asked them the same question, replied not valid .  I then sent passport applications off on the 19th April and received my new passport on 7th May, superb 
I was so worried about not getting the passport back in time but can now pay the balance on time. 

• Like 2