Upgrade offer , is it worth it ?

AlVNY

6 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I would look into the Havana area since you're going to be on the Horizon.  If you're not familiar with it, it's on deck 5 aft and it's a private area that only those sailing in a Havana cabin have access to.  You also need to be 12+ in order to stay there.  Stayed in this area for two separate 8 night bookings and they were great.  There are inside, aft balcony, patio balcony and suites available.  Since you rarely use your balcony, an inside would do the trick and you can use the savings towards Cheers if you imbibe or excursions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MwlzIuY4B4

Would of loved a Havana cabin either balcony or interior but unfortunately they are sold out.

I got an $114 "upgrade" to a higher deck. Except my current is on deck 3 of the Vista and I got the 'higher' deck of deck 1... still haven't been able to figure that one out. I'd like to upgrade to a balcony, but that's $1000 more than my Ocean View this time around lol. 

Called Carnival to ask for a Cabin change to Havana Cabana.  Quoted price was $800.  We said no thank you.

Less than 2 weeks later, we get an offer from CCL to move from Deck 8 Balcony on Venezia in September to Spa Balcony for $56.

Asked if a Havana Cabana was available for that upgrade and they said yes.

So, Havana Cabana it is for $56.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Zuluboudreaux said:

Called Carnival to ask for a Cabin change to Havana Cabana.  Quoted price was $800.  We said no thank you.

Less than 2 weeks later, we get an offer from CCL to move from Deck 8 Balcony on Venezia in September to Spa Balcony for $56.

Asked if a Havana Cabana was available for that upgrade and they said yes.

So, Havana Cabana it is for $56.

But if I'm not mistaken, there is no Havana area on the Venezia.  It goes by Terrazza Carnavale (sp).  I know there's no pool, and I think only two small hot tubs.  The spa balcony might have been a better value.