Syd Norman's Pour House

Karezz

56 minutes ago, stellarose33 said:

1. do you have to stand outside the venues for over an hour to get seats? 

2.  which shows should not be missed?

3.  any other NCL things we need to know. 

I have only one experience with Syd Norman's, and that was this past September on the Breakaway.  So these are based on my experience only, YMMV.

1. Yes, you have to be outside early - we would get there 50 minutes before show-time and be about 12th in line.  DW or I would take turns getting a drink or snack to help pass the time.  Maltings Bar is literally steps away from Syd's entrance.  

2.  We went to all 3 of their shows (there were 4 showings our week, but one was a repeat of show #2 I believe).  Rumours was by far our favorite - they tell the story of the album as they perform the songs.  Really well done.  We lucked out with excellent talent.  The rock show was next, and lastly the prom for us.  If you're looking for one, IMO, Rumours would be that.

3. Yes - they do not serve drinks during the show.  At least servers will not, I'm not sure about standing at the bar itself.  We always had seats, and the server told us that we should order what we wanted as there is no service during the show.  We happened to know the server(s) as they were the staff from up in the Vibe, so they were always helpful with advice.

Also, it's a small venue, and I'm not sure how many people they allow to stand, but there is definitely standing room in the back towards the bar at least.  If you want to be seated, you will need to get there earlier.  

It's a well-known entertainment show thanks to places like CC here and FB.  There's no more of the secret for "those-in-the-know" types of things on cruise ships any longer.  So there will be more patrons than seats for each show!

• Like 1

I enjoyed all 3....the Rock Show, the Prom Show and Rumours.  Out of the 3, Rumours will be the most popular.

Doors open about 30 minutes before showtime.  If you get in line 15 minutes before that, you should be in good shape to get a seat.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, complawyer said:

we've been on 30 ncl cruises. and going to syd norman's never crossed my mind before. for how many cruises with ncl i may have left, it will probably never cross my mind to go again.

I've been on a very low number of cruises compared to you. Only five! Syd Norman's has no appeal to me, either. I suppose I'd enjoy hearing "Landslide," but that's about it. This Millennial just doesn't see the appeal. Gosh, I hope I'm not harping on Taylor Swift and One Direction when I'm nearing on 80 years old! I keep up to date with current music so I don't get stale and salty.