Cabin direction

27 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Not being snide, just curious.  I just can't figure out how anyone can tell which direction a ship is moving while in the cabin, apart from looking out the window.  And what happens when the ship backs into the pier early in the morning?  As an OV cabin person, my bed is sideways to the way the ship is moving.  I sleep better on a ship than at home.  In an inside cabin, I might never think about which way the bed is facing.  How about sleeping in a moving motorhome?  Or a sleeping compartment on a train?  So many questions.....

If you suffered from motion sickness or vertigo you would know.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 4:59 PM, loman said:

As you are probably aware but worth mentioning , the Epley maneuver is beneficial for those suffering from vertigo. There are videos on youtube .

Just to be clear, there are different types of vertigo, and not all of them respond to Epley; plus, you need to know which ear is causing the the vertigo--the Epley is different depending whether it's the left ear or the right. My doctor referred me to a vestibular therapist to diagnose and treat my vertigo issues...it was a huge help!

Teddie

Edited by teddie
  • Like 3

On 5/10/2023 at 11:59 AM, Patty00 said:

I wish we could do something to alert RC of this problem and it is necessary for us to know the direction our cabin is going.

Could you request an accessible cabin and note the need, or call their special needs department and request a room that ensures what you need?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 12:50 PM, shipgeeks said:

Not being snide, just curious.  I just can't figure out how anyone can tell which direction a ship is moving while in the cabin, apart from looking out the window.  And what happens when the ship backs into the pier early in the morning?  As an OV cabin person, my bed is sideways to the way the ship is moving.  I sleep better on a ship than at home.  In an inside cabin, I might never think about which way the bed is facing.  How about sleeping in a moving motorhome?  Or a sleeping compartment on a train?  So many questions.....

On 6/5/2023 at 12:50 PM, shipgeeks said:

Special needs said they could tell me the direction on Celebrity but not RC.  I did request several agents to contact the ship and ask guest relations to send someone to the cabin.   I had 2 emails with neither of them in the correct direction.....even though they said it was the direction that I needed.  We ended up getting off our B2B early due to illness that we contacted on the ship. I am specificity referring to the balcony cabins.  I used to only take inside or OV.  However, as Pinnacle, I have graduated in age and treat myself to a balcony.  A OV may be my best solution for my new diagnosis.