Move Up Question

Minnie29

If you are successful with your Move Up Bid are you notified by email and when is that likely to happen in respect to your cruise start date?

If you are successful but have already checked in on the App and received your luggage tags etc do Celebrity resend your email with luggage tags etc attached? 
thank you

4 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

If you are successful with your Move Up Bid are you notified by email and when is that likely to happen in respect to your cruise start date?

If you are successful but have already checked in on the App and received your luggage tags etc do Celebrity resend your email with luggage tags etc attached? 
thank you

Yes, you are notified by email right away.  And they will charging your card right away. 

The when is a big variable. 

I know offers to bid have been sent to passengers as early as 2.5 months prior to sailing. 

Although you can check the status of your offer online, your first inkling will be receiving an email that you have been upgraded and that you have been charged. 

If you have a successful bid notification close to sailing and having already checked in, you can manually fill out luggage tags at the pier.  

It's no biggie.  

It's a generic luggage tag and you add your name, cabin # and sailing date. 

5 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Yes, you will receive an email notification.

In our case, my wife submitted a bid and received the "success" email 8 days later, which was roughly 10 days before the ship departed.

cjr

My last Move Up was successful about 20 hours before I was to board the ship. I actually got the notification email and charge as I was checking into my hotel in Southampton. I had already printed out bag tags at home so we just let the porters re-tag our bags when we arrived in port the next day. On the flip side of that, I have seen a successful move up about a month before sailing as well. There is no definitive answer to your question so just be patient.