Asian tour reservations prebooking.........

cruiselover96

I have read a few reports now of others going on one of the Asian cruises and having received a Tours Reservation form. When I first rang about this when I received my tickets back at the end of Jan. they told me that there would be no prebooking available for the Asian cruises. WRONG. (The girl I had spoken to obviously had no idea).

So after reading Cheeso's comments in one of the posts I thought i'd phone again!!! (you never know):rolleyes:

Well this time I got a lovely guy named Ben and he couldn't have been more helpful. Whilst I was on the phone he faxed me a copy of the Tour Reservations form.:D

When I read it I realized it didn't include the Western Tropics tours so I called back and spoke to a female....you guessed it, she told me "they are only sending out the Eastern Tropics tours reservations. There is no tour reservations form for the ET available.":( The I read cheeso's post and he/she received BOTH!! Go figure!! (maybe I might try again and see what happens)

Anyway, for anyone going on the Asian cruises and you don't have a tour reservation form, phone P&O and ask them if they can fax (if you have one) or post one out to you. (hopefully you'll get a guy and he'll be accomodating).:D

Kerri

We picked up our tickets from the Travel Agent on Saturday the 11th (been calling every couple of days to ask 'are they there yet?') - and it did indeed include a pre booking form for the Western Tropics tours - however we noticed that we had to make our selections and fax the form to P&O by the 8th of March (we embark on the 18th) - so we essentially got the form after it was due at P&O.

Gosh the reservations guys/gals are so inconsistent aren't they. I got my reservations form with my tickets and have pre booked some tours and already have confirmation back from P & O. I think you have to keep trying and hopefully find somebody accommodating on the other end of the line.

LHM

Gosh the reservations guys/gals are so inconsistent aren't they. I got my reservations form with my tickets and have pre booked some tours and already have confirmation back from P & O. I think you have to keep trying and hopefully find somebody accommodating on the other end of the line.

LHM

Hi LHM, guess what, rang P&O this morning and spoke to a lovely girl Bianca and instead trying to find the fax I sent yesterday she took all my tours details for our Eastern sunset tours:) and when I asked her about not having a tours reservation form for the Western tropics she said "I can fax you one now!!!":D Very different from the girl yesterday!! You've gotta wonder why they are so inconsistent with their knowledge don't you.

Kerri

Hi Kerri, I think it depends on what their supervisor tells them - very inconsistent. Have you booked any tours for the Western tropics ? We booked short tours for all stops (including doing our own thing in Phuket), but that may be subject to change depending on how my little boy travels in hot weather on a bus stopping here and there. Mind you I dragged him everywhere in Melbourne yesterday after seeing the Moomba Parade - and he was great but exhausted - hence he slept on the plane home last night.

Hi Sandra , have you booked any tours yet ?

Does any one know what the theme nights are for the WEstern Tropics cruise and are there 1 or 2 formal nights - P & O told me originally there were 2 formal nights, but I thought there was only 1 being a 7 day cruise. I assume there will be less activities considering we are on land every day - does anyone know?

Does anyone know if they still do the kids talent quest and "captains coketail party" on the Asian cruises?

Leeanne

Hi Kerri and Leanne,

Well we still haven't got our tickets, last week our TA was told withing the next two weeks, I find we get more excited when we have the tickets in our hot little hands, it feel so much more real, anyways i guess they will comes soon.

As for the tours, we are still looking into that, which ones are you guys doing?

Sandra

Hi Kerri, I think it depends on what their supervisor tells them - very inconsistent. Have you booked any tours for the Western tropics ? We booked short tours for all stops (including doing our own thing in Phuket), but that may be subject to change depending on how my little boy travels in hot weather on a bus stopping here and there. Mind you I dragged him everywhere in Melbourne yesterday after seeing the Moomba Parade - and he was great but exhausted - hence he slept on the plane home last night.

Hi Sandra , have you booked any tours yet ?

Does any one know what the theme nights are for the WEstern Tropics cruise and are there 1 or 2 formal nights - P & O told me originally there were 2 formal nights, but I thought there was only 1 being a 7 day cruise. I assume there will be less activities considering we are on land every day - does anyone know?

Does anyone know if they still do the kids talent quest and "captains coketail party" on the Asian cruises?

Leeanne

Hi Leeanne, I believe there is 2 formal nights on the 7 day cruise. Sarah maybe able to confirm this. They do still have the captains cocktail party:D (free booze!!)

We're booking Malacca by Trishaw, KL Discovery, Phi Phi isl and not sure yet on Langkawi and Penang except the Happy Hour in penang.

What have you booked and Sandra, which ones are you interested in.

For eastern I've booked Ang thong National Park in KS, Day 1 in Bangkok is Pattaya on own then Bangkok by night, day 2 is Bangkok on Own and Kauntan is Swiss Garden Resort.

Kerri

Hi Sandra, how frustrating not having your tickets - we were really lucky as we had ours within a few days of paying the final deposit. I did go directly through P & O so I don't know if that made a difference.

Kerrie and Sandra - we are doing the following tours for Western Tropics:-

Malacca Countryside & Village Experience; Half day KL highlights; Phuket on your own and typically Penang. We have booked the Island hopping tour at Langkawi but haven't got confirmation for that yet - we were wanting to do our own thing, so were in two minds about doing this tour.

I was thinking should we have a back up plan to meet also at a later time in case we can't make it at 4 (because of embarkatation or whatever) - say meet again after kids dinner - maybe at 7 at Horizons - still on the Sat 1/4.

Kerrie do you have to disembark and embark again seeing you are doing b/b tours?

Leeanne

Hi Leeanne, the backup plan sounds great, really looking forward to it. As for the b/b I'm not sure if we have to disembark and embark again, maybe not as it is a combined cruise, either take 7 days or 14 days.

When we went on our last cruise, we met someone who was doing b2b and they had to get off. I would imagine that because they were 2 different cruises that would be why.

We're not sure about Langkawi either, don't know what's there or how easy it is to get around so if anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated lol lol.

Sandra do you have your tickets yet.

Kerri

I emailed P&O ages ago about the Singapore day on back to back cruises and they said that you can stay on the ship or disembark. They will be providing all meals that day. However, you can only leave the ship once and come back. So no going off for the morning and then coming back for lunch and then getting off in the afternoon. You had to be back onboard by 9.30pm.

I will try to find a copy of their response to make sure I am correctly quoting what they said, as it was over six months ago I asked.

Here is the email that Jane was talking about, I kept a copy

'Dear Jane

Thanks for your email.

The latest time that you can embark on the second half of the cruise if you do our 14 night eastern-western tropics cruise will be at 9:30pm.

I can confirm that lunch and dinner will be provided for the second leg of our asia cruises, however please note that you can only disembark once. Therefore, I would

suggest that you disembark after lunch then embark when you are ready of dinner.

Kind Regards,

Renee'

The back up plan sound good, but we are at 1st sitting dinner so 7 might be a bit hard, what about 7.30-7.45, we should be finished by then any you guys shouldn't be late for your dinner?

As for our tickets, we are still waiting, and now have come up with a hiccup about the shour tours. We can't decide about which ones we are going to do, as not all of them are wheel chair friendly, and when i spoke to P&O yesterday, they said there are too many tour for them to go through and tell me, so they are mailing me out a booklet, while I am waiting for our tickets, as she said they will be another week.:(

Im shure all will work out in the end

Hi Sandra I forgot you were on the 1st sitting for dinner. I think Kerrie is on the 2nd sitting - the same as us.

We could try at 7:30 and/or 9:30 pm at Horizons on the Sat 1/4 as back up plans - what do you think?

Leeanne

cruiselover96

I was wondering if you knew whether it would be possible to stay in Bangkok and join the the Bangkok by night tour or if you had to return to Laem Chabang to commence the tour with everyone else. we are thinking of doing Bangkok all day sightseeing but would also like to join the Bangkok by night tour.

cath.

Hi Sandra I forgot you were on the 1st sitting for dinner. I think Kerrie is on the 2nd sitting - the same as us.

We could try at 7:30 and/or 9:30 pm at Horizons on the Sat 1/4 as back up plans - what do you think?

Leeanne

Sound good for me. If you guys don't think you'll be rushed beford dinner 7.30 sound good, but as you say 9.30 is good 2, could leave it as both, so we have two backup plans:rolleyes:

cruiselover96

I was wondering if you knew whether it would be possible to stay in Bangkok and join the the Bangkok by night tour or if you had to return to Laem Chabang to commence the tour with everyone else. we are thinking of doing Bangkok all day sightseeing but would also like to join the Bangkok by night tour.

cath.

Cheeso you've asked the right person:D I rang P&O last week about this and they said "no". If you're going to do the bangkok night tour you have to board the bus from the ship area. We're were looking at staying overnight in bangkok and joining the night tour so that's why I rang.

We've decided to do Pattaya and then the night tour in bangkok on the 1st day and the bangkok all day sightseeing on the 2nd day.

You wouldn't think it'd be too much of problem would you but I guess that way they know who and how many are on that particular tour.

When do you cruise again cheeso?

Kerri:D

Cheeso you've asked the right person:D I rang P&O last week about this and they said "no". If you're going to do the bangkok night tour you have to board the bus from the ship area. We're were looking at staying overnight in bangkok and joining the night tour so that's why I rang.

We've decided to do Pattaya and then the night tour in bangkok on the 1st day and the bangkok all day sightseeing on the 2nd day.

You wouldn't think it'd be too much of problem would you but I guess that way they know who and how many are on that particular tour.

We cruise on the 8th of April Eastern sunsets P612N.

I think we'll have to do much the same as you. It's a pity really and a waste of travelling time. My Tour booklet says that it is two and a half hours each way from the ship to Bangkok. I just had another look at my tour booking sheet and the all day sightseeing isn't available for day 2. Do they do a shortened version on this day because of the departure time?

Cath b

Sorry Cath, my mistake. The bangkok tour I'm referring to is the Bangkok on your Own. It goes both days. The tour you want to do we looked at as well so figured we could still do them but on the Bang. on Own day 2. This is not how we originally planned our tours but I guess it's cheaper and we're seeing the places we really would like to. The Chao River cruise on the one you're looking at is one we wanted to do so when the bus drops us off we can get the ferry down to the temples and we'll still be doing the river! (I think!!)

Kerri

Archived