Long Beach-World Cruise Center

Long Beach seems to be preferable to San Pedro when it comes to booking hotels. Do any Long Beach hotels offer a shuttle to the port in San Pedro? If not, it seems like it would be a cheap Uber. Or am I better off just booking in San Pedro (looking at the DoubleTree). 

On 5/6/2023 at 6:09 PM, meyermtacmj said:

Long Beach seems to be preferable to San Pedro when it comes to booking hotels. Do any Long Beach hotels offer a shuttle to the port in San Pedro? If not, it seems like it would be a cheap Uber. Or am I better off just booking in San Pedro (looking at the DoubleTree). 

Not sure about a shuttle, but I would just stay in San Pedro.  The DT is close and we stayed there last July.  It's getting a little worn around the edges, but for one night it's fine.  The restaurant and their staff were outstanding when I needed something special for the granddaughter with a nervous stomach (first cruise).  Book a marina view vs courtyard view.  We did the courtyard and there was a wedding reception just below our window that went on until 0100 hrs even though the hotel promised it would end at 2200 hrs.  If it hadn't been great entertainment for the two granddaughters I would have been really upset.   

We stayed in Long Beach the night before our Nov2022 cruise primarily because we had a free night stay at a Marriott property.  

However, there were a few attractions in Long Beach that also made it appealing for us:  The Pike Outlet Mall (which wasn't great), the beach walk, Shoreline Village area, the Aqualink ferry (very nice sunset ride), and there was going to be a Dia de los Muertos parade the morning before we headed to the ship.  In a nutshell, I just felt there was more going on in Long Beach that appealed to us.  However, we haven't stayed in San Pedro precruise so can't fairly compare.  

Lyft from the Renaissance in LB to the cruise terminal was $17+tip.

• Thanks 1