BEST Tequila to buy in Ensenada??

If you haven't tried Cabo Wabo tequila, I'd recommend that. I prefer the Resposado. Excellent sipping tequila. At around $50 a bottle, you probably wouldn't want to make marqaritas with it, however. :D

I'm an Anjeo tequila snob - here are my suggestions - these are all top shelf premium brands that shold be available in a decent shop] and are my favorite sipping tequilas -

Gran Centennario Anjeo [$54 US - I'm giving you prices in the US so you can tell if it a good deal] -

El Jimador Anjeo [$80 - siome places $55]

Herradura Anjeo [$55]

Don Julio Anjeo [$54]

If you really special or can get a GREAT deal -

Don Julio 1942 - [$145 for the 750ml and $75-80 for $350ml]

Also - the following Silver tequilas are cheaper and VERy flavorful - they both have that traditional agave taste . . . do NOT waste any of the above or below tequilas in mixed drinks.. . .

Don Julio Silver [$40] and finally -

Herradura Silver -$40 - my FAVORITE silver tequila]

Great tequila is generally better, tastier and more satisfying than the best scotch whiskies I have ever had. But Tequila is an interesting product, some folks, like me, can drink 7, 8 or 9 shots over the course of an evening and get up feeling pleasantly mellow and definitiley drunk, but wake up feeling just fine with NO hangover. Literally ZERO hangover - I'm 5'7" and 175 lbs and put 2 6' guys under the table literally at Carlos and Charlies on Feb 23 - I had 7 and walked back to the ship - these 2 guys had 5 and needed help from their spouses to get back. So - BE CAREFUL you need a "tequila liver" or metabolism to drink more than one or two. Thatbeing said, 2-3 jack daniels will knock me on my ass.

Archived