recommendations for short land tour before Thriller tour in afternoon?

Marcys

Well, my title about says it all. Our tour with Thriller leaves at 1. We'd like to have lunch in bridgetown before we go. Any recommendations for a 2 hour or so island tour? Should we book a tour or just grab a cab? I'd rather have a guide arranged beforehand. What would you recommend seeing?

You'll find I posted something about this on my other reply, but this is my thoughts. I organized EVERYTHING about the trip, which was fine cuz that's totally me. However, I didn't think that by the end of our cruise I would be bored with walking around a town and looking at shops. In the end they all seemed the same to me (type of stores that is), plus the shopping in Barbados is expensive!

Once you take a shuttle or taxi into town (I suppose you can take the taxi straight from the terminal too), there are tons of cabs and drivers asking if you want a tour.. I listened for a while and people were requesting from 1 hour tours to full day tours. Most of the cab drivers seemed to have maps and asking if there was anything in particular they wanted to see or suggesting points of interest. Looking back at things Most (not all) of the tours I arranged before hand (independent of the cruise line) were offered at the same price with taxi drivers when you arrive at the island. So unless you want a particular person, I think it would be a safe bet to just grab a cab once you arrive. If I could do it over, that's exactly what I would have done.

I'm not sure if this helps you at all any :) But good luck and have a great cruise!

Amy

Hey Amy !!!! How are you feeling ????? It's me - Tex (Cheryl)

Let us hear from you on the M&M thread !!!!! You and Bev should both be getting bellies by now !!!!

OH SORRY - FORGOT TO WRITE WHAT I FIRST INTENDED ..... TRY EMAILING CAMERON REID... HE WAS GREAT - he will custom fit a tour for you. http://www.scenicbarbados.com and then you dont have to worry about doing it last minute.

Hey Amy !!!! How are you feeling ????? It's me - Tex (Cheryl)

Let us hear from you on the M&M thread !!!!! You and Bev should both be getting bellies by now !!!!

Hey Cheryl!

Don't worry I haven't forgotten who you are! :) Where do they keep those old M&M Threads?? I guess I don't know my way around this site as good as i thought! LOL

Amy

texancruzer, thanks for the suggestion. I e-mailed Cameron but he just does his standard 3-hour tour. I think we'll just take our chances with a taxi unless anyone else has suggestions.

Please write back and let me know how the Taxi tour turns out....We will Be in Barbados April 2007. We want to take a small island tour first thing in the morning and then head to Malibu Beach. I don't want to spend the money on a min. 3 hr. tour when that isn't what I want.:D I would hate for Malibu Beach to run out of Rum while I was on and Island tour.:p

Archived