Cancelling a cruise over 150 days prior to cruise

DorothyB

I am reading the cancellation policy on NCL.com and am confused.  If I cancel a cruise over 150 days prior to the cruise, I see that I can do that with no penalty so I should get my credit card deposit back and my Cruise Next certificates should be returned to my account.  However, I am reading that refunds need to be requested in writing. 

Can I cancel a booking online?  If I need to call, can it be cancelled and the stateroom immediately available for someone else to book? or does that take some amount of time?

Thanks!!

You can't cancel on-line, but it doesn't have to be in writing, either. Call them, they will do it immediately, but it can take a few minutes (or more) for the stateroom to pop up again as available. Or you may never see it because someone else snaps it up first. If you are hoping to rebook the same cabin, tell the agent you talk to and see if they can hang on to it for you somehow.

7 minutes ago, hawkeyetlse said:

You can't cancel on-line, but it doesn't have to be in writing, either. Call them, they will do it immediately, but it can take a few minutes (or more) for the stateroom to pop up again as available. Or you may never see it because someone else snaps it up first. If you are hoping to rebook the same cabin, tell the agent you talk to and see if they can hang on to it for you somehow.

I've had a few cruises where I had to totally cancel and rebook to pick up a LATDBLX promo.  The prices had not changed.  I a) made a new booking and paid the deposit, b) cancelled the original booking then c) asked the agent who just cancelled my original booking to change the room on my new booking to the room on the cancelled booking.  I've done this several times and it has worked every time.  It may get more complicated if the new bookings have reverted to "guarantee" rooms.