Latest a Bar Tab can be added?

jame_g

How close to your cruise can you add a bar tab?  We haven't been on VV yet, but we have two cruises booked. The first one is a holiday cruise at Christmas, and includes a bar tab. The second one is early in January. Basically 10 days after we get back from the Christmas cruise. It doesn't include a bar tab or any extras. Since it's only a 4 night cruise, I'm not sure if we want to buy a $300 bar tab now. But I may decide after the Christmas cruise that we will want to get it. Will I be able to add a bar tab just a couple days before the cruise leaves?

We booked the January cruise first because we always take an anniversary vacation that week. The Christmas cruise was just something that we saw recently and decided it was time to do something different for the holiday without even thinking about how close it was to the January cruise.

If you have loyalty on another line, be sure to sign up for the status match which should apply for your December embarkation.

While Jon was able to add 24 hours before, I wouldn't push it to that limit, especially if a weekend is involved.  Shoreside messes up enough stuff without giving them an excuse!   2-3 days is not a problem at all.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

If you have loyalty on another line, be sure to sign up for the status match which should apply for your December embarkation.

While Jon was able to add 24 hours before, I wouldn't push it to that limit, especially if a weekend is involved.  Shoreside messes up enough stuff without giving them an excuse!   2-3 days is not a problem at all.

Yes, I did the status match and have the bar tab with the bonus bar tab and unspecified "deep blue extras". 

For the January, I would very likely do it 2-3 days ahead of time if I decided I wanted the bar tab. Just want to get a better idea of how we use it first.

One thing I just noticed today is that for the status match the email said I was Sea Rover. I noticed my badge had updated to that as well, but then yesterday I noticed my badge was at Sea Rover. Not sure when that happened or why.

Also, since we have two cruises, only the closest one shows up in the app. Anyone know how to get the app to bring up both or at least move between them? I can get both to show up on the website.

Edited by jame_g

2 hours ago, jame_g said:

Yes, I did the status match and have the bar tab with the bonus bar tab and unspecified "deep blue extras". 

For the January, I would very likely do it 2-3 days ahead of time if I decided I wanted the bar tab. Just want to get a better idea of how we use it first.

One thing I just noticed today is that for the status match the email said I was Sea Rover. I noticed my badge had updated to that as well, but then yesterday I noticed my badge was at Sea Rover. Not sure when that happened or why.

Also, since we have two cruises, only the closest one shows up in the app. Anyone know how to get the app to bring up both or at least move between them? I can get both to show up on the website.

Deep Blue Extras are $100 Bar Tab, Expedited Boarding, Premium Wifi, Dedicated Onboard Support, Cocktail Party, Laundry Service, and $10 Grounds Club Coffee per day. 

To switch voyages in the app go to Me > Settings > down to the bottom > Switch Voyage

• Like 2

Sea Rover is a current status, but the "badge" thing doesn't seem to be active.  It is not a problem.  If you are a Sea Rover or above, you should see Deep Blue Extras on the add on tab if you go to "My Account" on the website.  The app is often not accurate till after you board, although it seems to be improving.

• Like 1