Cruise Price Went Down, HELP!

Hello everyone,

Thanks to everyone at Cruisecritic, I know to keep checking my cruise for price drops. When we booked two months ago, we paid $949 for our balcony room and it just dropped to $747. I booked directly through Royal Caribbean. Now what do I do to get a credit? Do I have to pay the balance first? Thanks for all of the advice!

Kim

Kim,

We experienced a similar situation last week. I call our TA who in turn called RCCL. We have two rooms booked and this call saved us almost $1100 on our AOS cruise in June. Both parties, TA and RCCL, were extremely helpful.

Good luck.

Fred

Congratulations!!

It just pays to keep checking those prices. This happened to us a week and a half ago as well. We booked through an online travel website. All we did was call and inform them of the drop and we were quickly accomodated with the new price after they called RCCL directly. Our excursions are now covered, and we have more to spend onboard and on purchases!!

Plus I'm OCD when it comes to planning trips and check prices and other items frequently.

I have been following the threads on the lowering of prices. I booked w/TA & according to my info on RCCL, our balcony cabin is much, much higher than it was when we booked with TA months ago. Today I checked the RCCL site for Brilliance sailing 4/7, and the balcony is no longer listed. Am I correct in assuming that there is no chance our cruise has decreased in price? Your info has been very helpful for this newby!:p

Archived