MNVV - transferring to another cruiser / when to book?

lisabucsfan1

Question here.. has anyone purchased a MNVV with the specific intention of transferring to another person?

My goal right now is to purchase 2 MNVV for friends to join us on a future cruise.. but I'd also like to go ahead and book the cruise so I can layer my Sea Rover 10% discount for them on top of this. But lastly I'm also hoping that it can be paid in full to get a 2nd 10% discount. I'm wondering if I have to book the cruise in my name so I can get the 10% and then if I do that, can I immediately transfer it to them so they can pay in full and get another 10% discount (I'd prefer not to pay the cruise fare myself, plus my 2 friends would want to get their points from their credit cards)? And is any of that doable right away onboard the boat when I purchase the MNVV?

I had no trouble doing what I wanted to on board, but I did it thru my "first mate." (travel agent.). Yes,  I bought the MNVV with their permission, using their credit card.  The booking was never in my name.  I don't know if they can get your 10% Sea Rover discount if they are not Sea Rovers.  They can definitely get the PIF discount.  

What we did....I used the fact that I was on board to buy it in their name with their credit card info. My/their travel agent was listed.  This got them the $300 + $600 Loot, as well as the $600 bar tab since the booking was made at the time of purchase and was on a qualifying cruise.  They then worked thru the travel agent to do the PIF on their credit card and get the 10% for that.  While I am a Sea Rover, I don't know if they qualified for this discount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK - excellent - all of this is what I would have hoped for / expected. The extra Sea Rover discount code I have is the tricky variable, but not a necessity of course... the other benefits are great. And my friends have their booking number they can apply for the status match and get the DBE since it's been extended through the end of the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, basketballdad said:

What is the MnVV and sea rover you speak of>

MNVV is My Next Virgin Voyage. When onboard or up to two weeks after you can put down a deposit of $300 towards a future cruise and you get $300 bonus discount and $600 onboard spend (loot). Only catch is you need to book sea terrace or above, not lock it in rates or sea view cabin. 

Sea Rover is the current loyalty status of those who have done two cruises in 2022-2023. 

3 hours ago, basketballdad said:

What is the MnVV and sea rover you speak of>

You can also be awarded sea rover status by applying on line for the "status match" if you have loyalty status on another line.  Being a sea rover gives you a series of perks while on line including $10 credit on premium coffee or tea per day, one bag of laundry free, priority boarding, invitation to a cocktail party, a $100 complimentary bar tab, etc.

THe nice thing about MNVV is that it is transferrable....meaning that a friend or travel agent can buy extras and "sell" them to you for the $300 they paid or they can just buy it in your name while they are on board.  When used for a booking, you get the $300 you paid for the certificate taken off the cruise fare plus an extra $300 off as well as (currently) $600 in onboard credit (Loot in VV speak).  This has been the standard offer for a long time with the certificate....or you can book an actual date while on board and get the same benefits.

• Thanks 1