TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

Just now, TxTeach79 said:

Amsterdam it is! Honestly, we’re excited

I view it as an upgrade. I wasn’t planning on going to Paris since it’s such a long bus ride each way. Le Havre didn’t look too exciting. Amsterdam you dock right in the city center. 

I’m sure some people will riot because they won’t be able to get their Eiffel Tower selfie, but I’m actually very excited about the change. 

• Like 15

Just now, SyracuseOrange said:

I view it as an upgrade. I wasn’t planning on going to Paris since it’s such a long bus ride each way. Le Havre didn’t look too exciting. Amsterdam you dock right in the city center. 

I’m sure some people will riot because they won’t be able to get their Eiffel Tower selfie, but I’m actually very excited about the change. 

Same. Just today we changed our tour from Paris on your own to  Deauville once we realize we’d love the small towns more and likely be back to Paris without needing 6 hours on the bus  honestly, Amsterdam, where we dock in the middle of the city, is a gift  i couldn’t be happier with this captain and with Carnival

IMG_2006.thumb.png.4c72465107e864b5bad85e8e6e08c74a.png

• Like 19

1 minute ago, TxTeach79 said:

Same. Just today we changed our tour from Paris on your own to  Deauville once we realize we’d love the small towns more and likely be back to Paris without needing 6 hours on the bus  honestly, Amsterdam, where we dock in the middle of the city, is a gift  i couldn’t be happier with this captain and with Carnival

IMG_2006.thumb.png.4c72465107e864b5bad85e8e6e08c74a.png

Yup. I was expecting that announcement to end with “I hope you enjoy your day at sea on Wednesday” but I actually cheered out a “yes!!!” when he said Amsterdam. I wonder what the reception is overall. I’ve heard/seen people boo or scream in public venues when  itinerary changes have been announced on other cruises. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SyracuseOrange said:

Yup. I was expecting that announcement to end with “I hope you enjoy your day at sea on Wednesday” but I actually cheered out a “yes!!!” when he said Amsterdam. I wonder what the reception is overall. I’ve heard/seen people boo or scream in public venues when  itinerary changes have been announced on other cruises. 

same. I’ve done this enough to have fully expected a sea day. And I’d have understood. But Amsterdam?!? What a treat. Well damn done, Captain Vito

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

I don't want to speculate, but last year on Pride, our "Amsterdam" port was really Ijmuiden, a 35 minute taxi ride from Amsterdam. I hope your port is actually Amsterdam.

Oooh, I didn’t realize Amsterdam had an alternate port. I hope we get the good one…

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

I don't want to speculate, but last year on Pride, our "Amsterdam" port was really Ijmuiden, a 35 minute taxi ride from Amsterdam. I hope your port is actually Amsterdam.

In either case, here is helpful information: https://www.whatsinport.com/Amsterdam.htm

thanks for that. TBD I guess. 

• Like 1

It's not showing on either schedule yet, but both have availability. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ijmuiden: https://felisonterminal.com/en/cruise-calendar/

Amsterdam: https://sea.cruiseportamsterdam.com/cruise-calendar/

Either way, enjoy Amsterdam! It was my favorite port stop. Take a canal cruise. We loved https://flagshipamsterdam.com You can pay on board; you don't need tickets in advance. Boats leave about every 15 minutes.

We also went to Anne Frank Haus and the Van Gogh Museum, but booked both weeks in advance. Both are sold out unfortunately.

IMG_8757.thumb.jpeg.613a29ed3df33844d65e184794d7170d.jpeg

IMG_1797.thumb.jpeg.80b553c3eb63bf8d61c5a9d562179e1c.jpeg

• Like 10