TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

@TxTeach79..and @HelloItsMeB...what a way to wake up in the good ol USA this morning's coffee with you two in Amsterdam.  Looks like you hit a home run with this extra stop.

Heck I have 4 pages to read to explore with you with my coffee.  GREAT JOB!  That museum History of Prostitution looks interesting.

Now back to page 107.

Susan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kanyon71 said:

Verdict?

I'll be there in less than four weeks and will try a fresh one vs premade packaged ones. They are tasty but quite sweet, at least the prepackaged ones are, and are best eaten sparingly. We were gifted a whole package of these for Christmas and by the time there were a few left we were already sick of them. I think the issue is unlike an excellent cookie there isn't a complex mix of flavors to them, they are just SWEET. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I'll be there in less than four weeks and will try a fresh one vs premade packaged ones. They are tasty but quite sweet, at least the prepackaged ones are, and are best eaten sparingly. We were gifted a whole package of these for Christmas and by the time there were a few left we were already sick of them. I think the issue is unlike an excellent cookie there isn't a complex mix of flavors to them, they are just SWEET. 

Yes they tend to be very sweet, I'm interested much as you are in how the real deal is vs the packaged commercial stuff. 🙂

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, soccermom4 said:

If I remember correctly, you’re actually supposed to place them over a cup of coffee to warm them, then consume with the coffee to cut the sweetness. 

Yes, that's what they say you should do. Having said that with the commercially prepared ones doing the coffee thing really didn't do anything, TBH. It made the waffle slightly soggy and didn't melt the filling. I like hot coffee, but not scalding hot which it would need to be in order for premade ones to have any affect from sitting on top of a cup of coffee. 

2 hours ago, StephPS79 said:

I'm so mad at you right now!  (that's the jealousy speaking.  I'm actually happy you are getting to enjoy that.)

they were so good. So far beyond the prepackaged ones. 

• Like 6

Stopped in a tiny shop serving food from Suriname (Dutch colony for a long time)…. Didn’t see this one coming. A baked and then fried banana with a slight spicy peanut sauce. Sounds odd, was delicious 

IMG_2953.thumb.jpeg.220387fb38230eab7a17710430a86b1a.jpeg

IMG_2954.thumb.jpeg.f89fd6ea728443c92c97c18d00aad76a.jpeg

IMG_2955.thumb.jpeg.e8bf00da4941da852490da05743b2684.jpeg

• Like 12