Please help me!!! 27 days to go and Im freaking out!!

I have 2 problems right now.
1. We have about 20 people sailing with us on our cruise. All but 4 of them booked with our TA. I just recieved a call from the family that didn't book with our TA saying that they are not going to be allowed to the wedding since they are not linked to us. I was under the impression that as long as their name was on our list, then they could attend. One of them is IN the wedding.. Anyone know about this? I tried to call carnival but they are already closed (the wedding department anyways) and the carnival number says to call the wedding department.

#2. I was just looking at my guest list paperwork that I have to send in by this Saturday. There is only room for 50 people. I have at least 65 coming to the wedding and this sheet is too long to just copy. What do I do??? I think Im having a nervous breakdown!!!!!

Thanks in advance for the help!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;06;05;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until Glory cruise/wedding!!

Alicia -
I don't have any answers for you, but...

1) if they are trying to tell you that INVITED guests who are paid and sailing on the ship canNOT attend your wedding because they are not linked in the darn reservations - something is really screwed up. I could understand if you had problems getting your tables at dinner next to each other because they were not linked (we went through that and easily got it resolved) but being told they can't go to the wedding??? That's crap, and probably an error somewhere! (I'm trying to be good with the language on here... but you get my drift!) Don't freak out - just start calling everyone under the sun - your TA, wedding planner, Carnival customer relations, etc. Raise some heck. That's ridiculous.

2) Will someone actually be counting how many are at the reception? Just make sure 15 people are always headed to/from the bathroom at all times and nobody will ever notice! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] And make sure all wear deoderant in case it gets stuffy!

I hope this helps a little... [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Hang in there though -maybe someone else on these boards has insight...

~ Mandy

Alicia: CALL YOU TA...let them know that these people are part of your wedding party and MUST be allowed to get the the wedding. She will call Carnival and straighten them out! Also if possible make sure those people who booked differently board the ship with you; then if there is any question you can straighten it out immediately [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also remember that you paid for this service and you can have the people you want at your wedding. Don't worry about having a few extra people; it happens all the time [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] No one is going to say a word to you about it. They just want to make sure that you don't have 200 people at the wedding but a few extra is fine.

last; this is your day....enjoy it! Its all about you and you future husband. Put someone you trust in charge of the little things and enjoy your time. Also I found that when you get on the ship, find out who is in charge of your wedding and make sure that person knows what you want and that they are available when you need them. If you have a contact once on board and you go to them, they will make sure that everything is taken care of :0

Good luck and Congrats on your big day

I am sure this will all be resolved easily, but in the meantime, your TA should be able to link the people who did not book with her into the group anyway, she should only need their booking numbers. The cruise company knew we were all together and we were able to all sit together that way, but only the people booking with her were eligible for the group discount. Good luck!
Karen

I know with Celebrity I have to supply a list of Booking Numbers for the guests sailing so that they can be added to an early boarding manifest, the wedding is the day we leave before the ship leaves port so time is important. But as long as I have the booking numbers who they booked with doesn't make a difference. It can't be that different with Carnival.

Erin & Brent
"Friends are the family that you choose for yourself"

We had people that weren't even cruising at my daughters wedding! Erin is correct, you will fill out a minifest indicating both cruising and non-cruising passengers.

Sharon

Elation 05/98
Paradise 04/99
Destiny 10/99
Inspiration 05/00
Enchantment of the Seas 10/00
Rhapsody of the Seas 03/01
Carnival Spirit 05/01
Grandeur of the Seas 11/01
Ocean Princess 04/02
Jubilee 09/02
Carnival Conquest 03/03
Serenade of the Seas 11/08/03
Rhapsody of the Seas 02/29/04-Daughter's Wedding

Caribbean Princess 06/05/04

Cast off the ropes, cast off your cares...we're outta here
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] <marquee>SUNSHINE DAYDREAM...GOIN' WHERE THE CLIMATE SUITS MY CLOTHES</marquee>

• 4 weeks later...
in regards to the first one, GOOD LUCK! as to the second one...some ships have a cut off number of people. I can only invite 50 guest that will not be staying on board... so you might have to cut 15 people from your invite list... sorry... because they will only allow those 50 on the boat...

Archived