Any times that food is not available in buffet or YC?

FLchick3

Hi,

On the Seashore, are there times food is not available in either the buffet or YC? Maybe between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner?

Edited by FLchick3
meant to type buffet

• FLchick3 changed the title to Any times that food is not available in buffet or YC?

Both on the Seashore (April 2022) and the Meraviglia (April 2023) there were posted dining times for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for "sit down service". In between those times, there were lighter meals / snacks at the YC pool bar and in the YC lounge. Be aware that the YC lounge often has very odd snacks (i.e. pickled onions...) but the pool bar had a wonderful buffet (a really nice variety of options).

My apologies for not posting the exact hours, but they changed depending on sea day vs port day. I believe breakfast was 0600-0900, lunch 1200-1400, and dinner started at 1730 ending at 2100 or 2200. 

Room service is near 24/7 though so you are never without food options. 

If another poster has more updated hours, please correct my recollections...Warmest, Amy

• Like 1

YC has 24 hour room service available, so there will be the limited items on the room service menu 24 hours. The main buffet is not open 24 hours. On the Meraviglia in March, there was a small area of the buffet open from about 10-Midnight with burgers, fries, pizza and a few other items. Then it closed for the night until about 6 in the morning. When we were on the Seashore in Oct, I didn't notice a late buffet after 9-10, but I also really didn't go look.

Great, thank you. I know other cruise lines have food available 24/7, I just wanted to make sure there was something available on MSC, especially between lunch and dinner. I can get into a pattern where I’m looking for lunch around 3pm.  

Kiddo got a kick out of ordering "pizza delivery" after a swimming. It was a fun movie night - pizza, chocolate cookies, salad, hamburger and fries all from room service at around 2100. 

No charge in the YC (for movie or for the food, even though the TV listed the movie price as 4$ - the charge was "0$" on the final bill), and other than the tip for the butler, it was free. 

Very cool indeed. 

Warmest, Amy

17 hours ago, amygutman said:

Kiddo got a kick out of ordering "pizza delivery" after a swimming. It was a fun movie night - pizza, chocolate cookies, salad, hamburger and fries all from room service at around 2100. 

No charge in the YC (for movie or for the food, even though the TV listed the movie price as 4$ - the charge was "0$" on the final bill), and other than the tip for the butler, it was free. 

Very cool indeed. 

Warmest, Amy

@amygutman You were able to order a movie in your YC room for no charge?  Do tell... that's always been a beef of ours that we should have to pay for a movie in YC.  (For those who say "why do you want to watch a movie in your cabin on a cruise.. blah... blah... we just enjoy sitting in bed at night and watching a movie!)

• Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 11:01 AM, Morgsmom said:

@amygutman You were able to order a movie in your YC room for no charge?  Do tell... that's always been a beef of ours that we should have to pay for a movie in YC.  (For those who say "why do you want to watch a movie in your cabin on a cruise.. blah... blah... we just enjoy sitting in bed at night and watching a movie!)

@Morgsmom we absolutely could. We saw Ghostbusters Afterlife in April on the Seashore - listed as a "4$ charge". We bought it, and the charge turned to "0$" when we checked our bill the next day. Concierge confirmed "the majority" of the movies are free. I am not sure how to tell which ones as they were all listed as 4$.

We love watching late night or post-long excursion/ beach day movies. We get room service and popcorn (not an actual menu item but we asked on MSC and NCL and it came like magic when we asked), and we all cuddle into bed for movie night. 

The movies on NCL in the Haven are all free or 12$ outside of the Haven, but definitely less choice. MSC had a great selection...even has a whole Adult section that we clicked on by accident completely embarrassing the aforementioned 14 yo. 😬

Warmest, Amy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, amygutman said:

MSC had a great selection...even has a whole Adult section that we clicked on by accident completely embarrassing the aforementioned 14 yo. 😬

Perhaps those are the ones that aren't free, delicate concierge didn't want to say... 

13 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

Perhaps those are the ones that aren't free, delicate concierge didn't want to say... 

Ah-ha!!! That would make sense. I’m pretty middle-of-the line but some of the titles alone made me blush 🤣

• Haha 1