Complimentary drinks in Europe

alyssamma

When we sailed europe in November only "tap" water, crap coffee /tea and sugar juices at breakfast were available.. you  need to stress in the MDR you want free water. the first night they brought us a bottle and it cost 4 euros.. not bad though for I believe 0,7 liters. 

Also I noticed the coffee station has real milk not coffee cream which annoyed me. I guess Brits only put milk in coffee no creamer.. the head waiter there told me on the caribbean they cater more the US and have cream.. so on our next sailing I am bringing mini creamers with.. I am wierd like that. 

It was a shift from DCL where we are spoiled with the free soda bar,, then again you pay 5x for those sailings. 

44 minutes ago, mousefan73 said:

When we sailed europe in November only "tap" water, crap coffee /tea and sugar juices at breakfast were available.. you  need to stress in the MDR you want free water. the first night they brought us a bottle and it cost 4 euros.. not bad though for I believe 0,7 liters. 

Also I noticed the coffee station has real milk not coffee cream which annoyed me. I guess Brits only put milk in coffee no creamer.. the head waiter there told me on the caribbean they cater more the US and have cream.. so on our next sailing I am bringing mini creamers with.. I am wierd like that. 

It was a shift from DCL where we are spoiled with the free soda bar,, then again you pay 5x for those sailings. 

Thanks. I know we get free bottled water (not sure how much tho) but was wondering about the other stuff.

I assume you can go an get tap water throughout the day when the buffet is open?

43 minutes ago, mousefan73 said:

Also I noticed the coffee station has real milk not coffee cream which annoyed me. I guess Brits only put milk in coffee no creamer..

This is the standard in Europe. "Coffee cream" exists in some places (I think it's 17%), but nobody really uses it and you'll be hard-pressed to get ahold of it in a restaurant, cafe or office. 

4 minutes ago, ExpatBride said:

This is the standard in Europe. "Coffee cream" exists in some places (I think it's 17%), but nobody really uses it and you'll be hard-pressed to get ahold of it in a restaurant, cafe or office. 

In some countries they use primarilycream in the DACH markets, germany, austria etc.. more half and half. can get it from 8%-15% which was odd seeing we sailed from Hamburg. 

Edited by mousefan73