Question for those of you who either live in New York or Cruisers that flew in the Day Before

marcyjane

We have decided to change flight plans and fly in the morning before the cruise and stay in Manhattan Sheraton on 7th.

Have a few question as to walking distance to Time Square and other sites of interest. The info on the hotel say's 1 block from Time Square.

How long are the blocks in New York?

How safe will 2 old baby boomers that's never been to New York fit in walking the street alone to and from Hotel to Rockfeller center, Time Square etc?

Thanks in advance for and info or suggestions.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;09;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Victory New York to Canada 09/25/2004 Cruise

Victory Cruise New York to Halifax

Carnvial Sensation 2003

Carnival Fantasy 1993

***So Glad To Be Back Cruise Again

Ship.gif Carnival Victory New York to Canada

NYC is my fave city in the world!!!! I just checked where exactly on 7th are you. You are 2-3 blocks from the big touristy things. You will be very safe I think. You can also do the subway, bus, taxi...I walk when I am in NYC. Have a great time! I am more jealous of the day in NYC then the cruise...go figure... icon_smile.gif

I LOVE NYC!

No longer cruiseless...donations still accepted! Miracle 2/2005

Last cruise

Sensation 2/17/03

Being a city folk NYC would not faze me in the least. Are you city dwellers or urbanittes??

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

I work in NYC and commute in every day. I would not worry about being in NYC/Times Square during the day. You will be fine. Believe it or not we New Yorkers will even stop to give directions (contrary to popular belief, we all do not bite). Though expect crowds as NY is a busy place.

Have Fun!!

Thank you all so much.

Serene 56, we'll we are from a very small town in Middle Tennessee.

Been to Dallas, Atlanta, Tampa, Vegas, Kansas City and many other cities, but none to compair with New York.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;09;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnvial Sensation 2003

Carnival Fantasy 1993

Doesn't matter what time, day or night there are always alot of people out walking around.

The blocks are not that long, don't know how long the blocks by you are so can't compare.

Just wondering, what do people who do not live in NYC think Times Square is. It's the center of City, broadway, Stores, Lights.

Take a ride in a horse and buggy around Central Park. Go see the Lady in the Harbor, Ellis Island is great. Go walk around in the village. Go to the Museum of Natural History. Want great Italian food go to Little Italy. Pick anyone you will have a great day. Enjoy

Wait, can't forget the United Nations, they give tours.

peace.gif

candle_burning_for_911_md_wht.gif

Thank you all sooooooo much for all the information.

To answer the Time Square question, I quess or I would think that Time Square is well the action is and one of the most famous know place for lights and action.

I know there is not doubt that what ever we get to see will be wonderful and an experience that I'll never forget.

While I'm hear folks in case you all come back to this post. I have been searching for a day tour/airport pick up.

Don't have the time yet, but the carnvial PVP said that our flight should arrive between the hours of 9:30 to 11:00 am., but check in time at the hotel Shearton on 7th is not until 3:00 pm.

Therefore we were trying to find a private or personal tour with pick up at the airport and then do a 4 to 6 hour tour and then to the hotel for check in.

I have searched for day and hours trying to find one that we can afford. I have went from 1000.00 to 450.00 or either so much per hour.

I had about given up and one of the last links that I clicked on was a link that said: cheaplimo/tours. I thought what the heck I looked at everything else.

The web site is www.cheaplimo.com and they offer a tour called Famous Places Tour and also pickup at the airport for a very good price that we can afford.

Has any of you heard of this company or used this company?

Thanks for all your help and advice and I know I will love your city and will cry when I see the "Lady".

One other thing while I here as well, Our ship leave at 4pm and do you all think that we would have time to do a carriage ride around Central Park and get back to the hotel for luggage and then to the ship.

Thanks

Carnvial Sensation 2003

Carnival Fantasy 1993

Marcyjane...I was born and raised in NYC tho we have lived in NJ for a number of years now...but we do go into the city often since we love going to the Broadway shows, museums, restaurants etc plus we have family still there. On the morning of your embarkation(usually the hotel has a small room for 'holding' luggage if you check out first) you should still have some time for a bit of exploration before boarding. And you aren't very far from 59th St., which is the beginning of Central park and where you will find the hansom cabs waiting for passengers. So either take a walk up there or take a cab and enjoy your hansom cab ride before picking up your luggage and heading over to the ship terminal!

Enjoy your time in NYC! And happy sailing!

Victoria III 4/99 (Yangtze River)

Maasdam 5/00 (W.Med) & 11/01

Veendam 10/00

Zaandam 5/01 (Alaska cruisetour)

Millenium 12/01 & 10/03 (transatlantic)

Amsterdam 5/02 (transcanal)

NCL Star 12/02 (Hawaii)

CCL Paradise 3/03

Noordam 4/03 (transatlantic)

NCL Dawn 8/03

Regal Princess Elaine 3/04 (Yangtze River)

I'm sure if you call the hotel they can have the room ready for the time you get there.

Plane gets in at 11, you will be in the city by 1. You can also drop for luggage off at the hotel and go sight seeing. They will hold it and than put it in your room when its ready.

peace.gif

candle_burning_for_911_md_wht.gif

Archived