EZAir Refund Process

Cancun01

Can anyone tell me the process to obtain a refund when EZAir arrangements were changed (by us within the permitted time limit)?  We have a TA but booked the tickets online. 

On April 30 we booked airline tickets through EZAir.  A few days later the airline contacted us and because of a change in the equipment we were bumped from premium economy to seats in a different category.  We were not thrilled with the change and because we were within the “change without fee” time limit under EZ Air rules we switched our flights on May 8.  The change resulted in $900 owing to us.   To date we have not received a credit on our credit card.

I called Princess’ EZAir number this afternoon.  YIKES! The “navigator” asked when I filled out the refund form.  I said I didn’t know about a refund form because when I called before changing the booking online I was told the credit would automatically be applied to our card.  He told me that I must request the refund by completing a refund form which he forwarded to me.  

The form and instructions sent to me clearly state that the form is for passengers with “ independent arrangements “ who lose funds for hotels/air/car rental when Princess changes the itinerary ( you must attach receipts etc.).  Princess already has all the information they need!

Any advice  would be appreciated.

I'm going to assume that you've already made final payment on the booking and you used a TA to make the Princess reservation and you have a negative balance on your Cruise Summary (meaning Princess owes you money.)

Have your TA call Princess and request that a refund be processed for the overpayment for the EZAir flights.  A regular Princess agent will be able to take care of this.  The EZAir department shouldn't have to get involved.

Recently, I re-fared my EZAir airline reservation prior to them being ticketed, but after final payment, that resulted in lower airfare and a refund due to me from Princess.  The negative balance hung around in my reservation until I called Princess and a Princess agent manually processed a refund for the overpayment.  The refund hit my credit card in five days but I was advised that it could take up to 10 days. 

I recommend that you save a PDF or print a copy of you Travel Summary with the date and time in the header before making the request showing the Net Due being a negative balance because the Net Due line will reflect $0.00 as soon as the refund request is put in by the Princess agent.  In case you don't receive the refund on your credit card in 10 days, you will have proof that Princess owes you a refund and take it from there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCX22 said:

I'm going to assume that you've already made final payment on the booking and you used a TA to make the Princess reservation and you have a negative balance on your Cruise Summary (meaning Princess owes you money.)

Have your TA call Princess and request that a refund be processed for the overpayment for the EZAir flights.  A regular Princess agent will be able to take care of this.  The EZAir department shouldn't have to get involved.

Recently, I re-fared my EZAir airline reservation prior to them being ticketed, but after final payment, that resulted in lower airfare and a refund due to me from Princess.  The negative balance hung around in my reservation until I called Princess and a Princess agent manually processed a refund for the overpayment.  The refund hit my credit card in five days but I was advised that it could take up to 10 days. 

I recommend that you save a PDF or print a copy of you Travel Summary with the date and time in the header before making the request showing the Net Due being a negative balance because the Net Due line will reflect $0.00 as soon as the refund request is put in by the Princess agent.  In case you don't receive the refund on your credit card in 10 days, you will have proof that Princess owes you a refund and take it from there.

Those are perfect instructions to follow. This has happened to us twice now. The first time, they just wanted to add it as a FCC, so I had to be firm and ask for it to be refunded. I had no need for more FCC as my next 2 cruises were already paid in full.
The next time, it sat there, like you said. I called a couple of times and was assured it was being put in for a refund back to my credit card. More than 15 days later, I called again to follow up and they said they would email me. That never happened. So..the last time I called they were honest enough to say that nothing had been done. That agent got it done and I could see I had 0.00 left. I also had a screenshot, in case there was a difference when the refund showed up. It matched the amount I was expecting, but it sure took a long time.