Booking Shore Excursions with OBC

mrobinson

We are on the Pursuit in Oct on the Croatia trip. I have some OBC (amount not showing online yet) and want to book an excursion online.  I thought I had seen email or read online that we can now book shore excursions using our OBC.

Is there anything special that we need to do or just select the excursion and click BOOK?  Is it going to ask for credit card or will it take it from my OBC - which they don't seem to have amount listed.

New to Azamara and just wondering how best to handle it. Thanks

I think you can "look but not touch" online!

I never got the email, but from what was posted elsewhere I think it said that you can use OBC to book excursions, but that this was only possible by calling Azamara or your TA. 

Near the top of the summary page also has a similar statement: image.thumb.png.24f107fb6ba9f3523d5c03ba238d3210.png

They good news from my experience at the end of last week was that Azamara answered the phone in less than a minute.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mrobinson said:

We are on the Pursuit in Oct on the Croatia trip. I have some OBC (amount not showing online yet) and want to book an excursion online.  I thought I had seen email or read online that we can now book shore excursions using our OBC.

Is there anything special that we need to do or just select the excursion and click BOOK?  Is it going to ask for credit card or will it take it from my OBC - which they don't seem to have amount listed.

New to Azamara and just wondering how best to handle it. Thanks

I received an email from Azamara on May 17 showing the amount of OBC we have, but I haven’t tried to book anything yet. 

4 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

I never got the email, but from what was posted elsewhere I think it said that you can use OBC to book excursions, but that this was only possible by calling Azamara or your TA. 

Near the top of the summary page also has a similar statement: image.thumb.png.24f107fb6ba9f3523d5c03ba238d3210.png

They good news from my experience at the end of last week was that Azamara answered the phone in less than a minute.

Great - thank you. We will contact our TA and see if they can book them for us

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

Thank you very much for the information. I called Azamara directly- only had to wait 25 minutes. The rep was very nice and actually confirmed that they have the correct OBC for us (it was wrong a couple weeks ago), She booked the shore excursion using our OBC. Also answered some other questions regarding online check in. She said try to do the online checkin but if it doesn't work- don't worry just come to our port and check-in.

This is our first Azamara cruise and I was getting a bit nervous about them due to all the website issues. I am now feeling very comfortable and looking forward to the cruise.

Thanks for everyones help.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrobinson said:

Thank you very much for the information. I called Azamara directly- only had to wait 25 minutes. The rep was very nice and actually confirmed that they have the correct OBC for us (it was wrong a couple weeks ago), She booked the shore excursion using our OBC. Also answered some other questions regarding online check in. She said try to do the online checkin but if it doesn't work- don't worry just come to our port and check-in.

This is our first Azamara cruise and I was getting a bit nervous about them due to all the website issues. I am now feeling very comfortable and looking forward to the cruise.

Thanks for everyones help.

Congratulations on your good luck in getting through and it's giving me the encouragement to try myself.  May I ask what time of the day you called Azamara and what phone number you used.

• 2 weeks later...

Following up on this topic.... I called Azamara to book my selected shore excursions using OBC.  Everything seemed to go well on the call.    My cruise is in September and is paid in full. 

Now, however, when I look on my reservation,  I see the selected shore excursions as "booked", but I also see an invoice for the total amount due for the excursions.  Has anyone else experienced this? Is this just Azamara's placeholder until they can actually apply the OBC on the site? 

On 6/9/2023 at 6:56 AM, kmurph22 said:

Following up on this topic.... I called Azamara to book my selected shore excursions using OBC.  Everything seemed to go well on the call.    My cruise is in September and is paid in full. 

Now, however, when I look on my reservation,  I see the selected shore excursions as "booked", but I also see an invoice for the total amount due for the excursions.  Has anyone else experienced this? Is this just Azamara's placeholder until they can actually apply the OBC on the site? 

We have had exactly the same thing with Azamara here in Australia booking a shore excursion using half of the OBC but our booking site shows the excursion booked whilst the full cost of the excursion is still owing. The Azamara people say they can see the OBC having been half used and the other half still available - they must be looking at a different system to the customer. Makes us a bit reluctant to book any further excursions until our screens show the same the Azamara reps. Our cruise is two months away so we have some time to sort it - otherwise we rely on it all being sorted once on board which is not a good option.

7 hours ago, Invicta1948 said:

We have had exactly the same thing with Azamara here in Australia booking a shore excursion using half of the OBC but our booking site shows the excursion booked whilst the full cost of the excursion is still owing. The Azamara people say they can see the OBC having been half used and the other half still available - they must be looking at a different system to the customer. Makes us a bit reluctant to book any further excursions until our screens show the same the Azamara reps. Our cruise is two months away so we have some time to sort it - otherwise we rely on it all being sorted once on board which is not a good option.

Thanks Invicta,  I feel better that I'm not the only one.   Sorting it onboard is not my first choice either but I'll give it some time and call again in a few weeks.  Happy cruising!