MSC World Europa 7 nights 28 October 2023

• 1 month later...

Hello from West Palm Beach, Florida USA... My wife and I will be joining the ship on Tuesday, October 24th from Messina, Sicily after a +/- 10-day tour of Sicily. We look forward to meeting you all! We have done a lot of cruising, but not a lot on MSC. This ship looks awesome, though, and we're looking forward to it, especially after a land tour. Cruising is so much more relaxing!

Also, this cruise hits a number of places we have been wanting to visit... Malta, Genoa, and an extra day in Barcelona. We were there between cruises in 2018, but it was pouring rain that day, so we have a few more sights there that we want to see.

In Naples, on Monday, October 30th, we want to have a look at Herculaneum, the other "Lost City".

"A sister site to Pompeii, Herculaneum was founded around the 6th century BC, and by the time it was destroyed, had blossomed into a wealthy town with a population of around 4,000. The pyroclastic surge, which killed its inhabitants, left the city buried under 16-25 meters of rock, also carbonized wood and other organic material. Much of the ancient city lies under the modern suburb of Ercolano, so remains unexcavated. Even so, the preserved houses revealed wooden lofts, wine racks, and bedsteads, offering an intimate look into ancient Roman life. A walk through the excavated ruins shows not only the well-preserved buildings, but also stunning mosaics, ancient advertisements, and even fossilized remains of the city’s unfortunate inhabitants."

We'd love to find some friends to share the private (Max. 7) half-day tour with us (4 Hours). I have found an excursion that picks up from just outside the Cruise Ship Terminal and guarantees return to the ship in time... and if there are 4 of us, it'll cost $122.00 per person; $81.00 per person if there are 6 of us; $70.00 per person if there are 7. Please let me know if you are interested in joining us. My wife's email is michgoblue at aol.

"Entrance ticket to Herculaneum (13,00EURO adult; 2,00EURO ages 18 - 25; ages 0 - 17 are free;) is not included and can be purchased directly on the day. Guests must be able to walk over cobblestones and uneven surfaces, inclines and steps. This tour is not wheelchair accessible because of the varied terrain at the sites you will be visiting."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2023 at 12:34 AM, TripsOnShipsTraveler said:

Hello from West Palm Beach, Florida USA... My wife and I will be joining the ship on Tuesday, October 24th from Messina, Sicily after a +/- 10-day tour of Sicily. We look forward to meeting you all! We have done a lot of cruising, but not a lot on MSC. This ship looks awesome, though, and we're looking forward to it, especially after a land tour. Cruising is so much more relaxing!

Also, this cruise hits a number of places we have been wanting to visit... Malta, Genoa, and an extra day in Barcelona. We were there between cruises in 2018, but it was pouring rain that day, so we have a few more sights there that we want to see.

In Naples, on Monday, October 30th, we want to have a look at Herculaneum, the other "Lost City".

"A sister site to Pompeii, Herculaneum was founded around the 6th century BC, and by the time it was destroyed, had blossomed into a wealthy town with a population of around 4,000. The pyroclastic surge, which killed its inhabitants, left the city buried under 16-25 meters of rock, also carbonized wood and other organic material. Much of the ancient city lies under the modern suburb of Ercolano, so remains unexcavated. Even so, the preserved houses revealed wooden lofts, wine racks, and bedsteads, offering an intimate look into ancient Roman life. A walk through the excavated ruins shows not only the well-preserved buildings, but also stunning mosaics, ancient advertisements, and even fossilized remains of the city’s unfortunate inhabitants."

We'd love to find some friends to share the private (Max. 7) half-day tour with us (4 Hours). I have found an excursion that picks up from just outside the Cruise Ship Terminal and guarantees return to the ship in time... and if there are 4 of us, it'll cost $122.00 per person; $81.00 per person if there are 6 of us; $70.00 per person if there are 7. Please let me know if you are interested in joining us. My wife's email is michgoblue at aol.

"Entrance ticket to Herculaneum (13,00EURO adult; 2,00EURO ages 18 - 25; ages 0 - 17 are free;) is not included and can be purchased directly on the day. Guests must be able to walk over cobblestones and uneven surfaces, inclines and steps. This tour is not wheelchair accessible because of the varied terrain at the sites you will be visiting."

Heya, and Gday from Oz....   the tour sounds great however mum is really adamant about going to Pompeii. Let me run it past her though and see what she thinks.  

2 hours ago, TripsOnShipsTraveler said:

I must agree with her... If she hasn't been to Pompei before, it's an essential visit and far more significant than Herculaneum, and it would be too much to do both in the same day. I have been there a couple of times before. No worries, mate!

I am currently looking into a day trip/boat charter around Valetta with Aquaholic Boat Charters, really keen to see some small fishing villages and caves and the Blue Grotto etc so hopefully we can find some additional people to join us if that's your thing. I have attached what they sent in the quote. 

Aquaholics.pdf

Hello out there.

My wife and I will be on the World Europa from Barcelona on October 27, 2023.  I have reached out to Italy Tours (www.italytours.eu) that are very highly recommended on Cruise Critic.  We have been on the waiting list for a few months now awaiting additional guests to sign up.  Otherwise, we will have to book as a party of two (much more expensive).  Pompeii was high on our list.

You can check out the tour specifics on their website.  We are on the following tours waiting list:

October 28th: (FRANCE) Marseille, Aix-en Provence & Cassis

Our semi-private tours include:

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour from the port (the same pick-up as offered for the ship’s tours)

* Personal drop-off at the end of the tour - 100% on time to catch your ship

* Touring in a smaller vehicle for minimal walking and better access to sites

* Touring with a personal English speaking driver-guide

* Flexible and accommodating service 

* High quality and personal experience in a semi-private/small-group setting (6-8 people)

* Tour duration: 8 hours and always in accordance to your ship docking times

October 30th: (ITALY) Pompeii, Sorrento & Amalfi Coast

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour from the port of Naples - (the same pick-up as offered for the ship’s tours)

* Touring with a professional driver + English speaking expert  & certified guide in Pompeii

* High quality and personal experience in a semi-private/small-group setting

* Tour duration: 8-9 hours and always in accordance to your ship docking times

* Entry fee to the site of Pompeii: 16 Euros per person to be paid on location - and our expert guide will skip-the-line for you!

October 31st: (ITALY) Messina to Mt. Etna and Taormina

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour from the port of Messina (the same pick-up as offered for the ship’s tours)

* High quality and personal experience in a semi-private/small-group setting (6-8 people)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cazz0069 said:

I am currently looking into a day trip/boat charter around Valetta with Aquaholic Boat Charters, really keen to see some small fishing villages and caves and the Blue Grotto etc so hopefully we can find some additional people to join us if that's your thing. I have attached what they sent in the quote. 

Aquaholics.pdf 166.97 kB · 1 download

Looks like fun, for sure, but we already have an excursion lined up for Malta.  It's through the cruise ship as there didn't seem to be much else.  Small boat tour with a wine tasting.  Anything with a boat and I'm in 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrJulius said:

Looks like fun, for sure, but we already have an excursion lined up for Malta.  It's through the cruise ship as there didn't seem to be much else.  Small boat tour with a wine tasting.  Anything with a boat and I'm in 👍

13 minutes ago, MrJulius said:

Hello out there.

My wife and I will be on the World Europa from Barcelona on October 27, 2023.  I have reached out to Italy Tours (www.italytours.eu) that are very highly recommended on Cruise Critic.  We have been on the waiting list for a few months now awaiting additional guests to sign up.  Otherwise, we will have to book as a party of two (much more expensive).  Pompeii was high on our list.

You can check out the tour specifics on their website.  We are on the following tours waiting list:

October 28th: (FRANCE) Marseille, Aix-en Provence & Cassis

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour from the port (the same pick-up as offered for the ship’s tours)

October 30th: (ITALY) Pompeii, Sorrento & Amalfi Coast

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour from the port of Naples - (the same pick-up as offered for the ship’s tours)

* Touring with a professional driver + English speaking expert  & certified guide in Pompeii

* High quality and personal experience in a semi-private/small-group setting

* Tour duration: 8-9 hours and always in accordance to your ship docking times

* Entry fee to the site of Pompeii: 16 Euros per person to be paid on location - and our expert guide will skip-the-line for you!

October 31st: (ITALY) Messina to Mt. Etna and Taormina

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour from the port of Messina (the same pick-up as offered for the ship’s tours)

Oh wow, we`d be definitely interested in doing the 30th and 31st....  Do i just email them and say we would like to join your waiting list or just say we are interested in those 2 days? Theres 3 of us so that`ll help 🙂

1 hour ago, MrJulius said:

I have been emailing back and forth with Stefano via info@ItalyTours.EU.

You can tell them that you want to be on the same tour as Bradley and Kathleen.

That would be great !!!

Got this response this morning.

We will reply within 2-4 days.

We will prioritize those touring in the coming days.

Many many thanks for your kind patience!

6 hours ago, MrJulius said:

I'll send them a note, as well.

Just got an email from Stefano, so i have just responded with the name of the ship we are on and let him know that i have been speaking with you about joining your group. Stay tuned 🙂

Edited by cazz0069

On 9/24/2023 at 1:16 AM, MrJulius said:

I'll send them a note, as well.

So i got an email from Stefano saying they just need 1 more.  I`m a member of a few MSC World Europa facebook forums so i can pop a post on there too if you want. 

56 minutes ago, MrJulius said:

Absolutely, thanks.  That will work out for all of us.👍

Sorry, i should say they need 1 more for the Mt Etna/Taormina and 3 more people for the Pompeii one, but i`m guessing you know that. HA. I`ll keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...

I had emailed Stefano and they won't budge on their minimums. Because we are getting close, I went ahead and booked ship's excursions.  Not my favorite choice, but at least Pompeii was still available.

Hopefully, we can all blame this on the end of the season.  Maybe we will have short lines and small crowds.

Hope to bump into you on the ship. 👍

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 5:05 AM, MrJulius said:

I had emailed Stefano and they won't budge on their minimums. Because we are getting close, I went ahead and booked ship's excursions.  Not my favorite choice, but at least Pompeii was still available.

Hopefully, we can all blame this on the end of the season.  Maybe we will have short lines and small crowds.

Hope to bump into you on the ship. 👍

No problem at all, we`ve done the same and booked the Pompeii and the Mt Etna/Taormina tours. Be sure to say hi if our paths cross 🙂