POA airport transfer with Pearl Harbor and City Tour report, May 2023

georgiacat

Airport transfer with Pearl Harbor and City Tour; Plane leaves 4:30 pm

The ship provided special tags for checked luggage (black) and a special section close to the exit gate for easy pick up and transfer to bus.

We left the ship about 7:45 am.  Bus tour with NCL providing tour and transfer to airport.  Our luggage stayed on the bus, along with backpacks and other bags.  No purses allowed in Pearl Harbor.  I put money, ID, credit cards in my pants pockets.  Everything was safe; I did not worry about it.

We rode through Punch Bowl cemetery and through downtown Honolulu with the driver giving good commentary..

Stopped for pictures at the King Kamehameha I statue and the Iolani Palace.

445IolaniPalace.thumb.JPG.9eca73f69a01200576bd7849a3238677.JPG

We were at Pearl Harbor 9:40 am to 1:30 pm.  Saw the film, walked and looked at all the displays, went through the museum and gift shop; got a sandwich and drink from snack shop for lunch.  Very impressive.  Did not do extra things because I did not know how much time we would have.  If I had known that we would be at Pearl Harbor so long, we would have gone to the Missouri and Arizona Memorial.

We were at the airport about 1:45 pm.  Made our Delta flight to Atlanta; left at 4:30 pm.

450KingKinfrontofcityhall.thumb.JPG.4de07f11de46d8fd6b7c76def359e3f1.JPGto Atlanta; l

466 Missouri and Arizona.JPG

• Like 2

We used our NCL excursion credit ($50 pp I think) against the price posted on the NCL website.  I thought it was reasonable.  We enjoyed the tour more than I anticipated.  But we were exhausted by the time we got to the airport.  We had to do something to kill the time before our flight left at 4:30 pm, and do something with a lot of luggage.