Naples - Amalfi Coast by water on your own

jk928

We will be on the 14 day Enchanted Princess docking in Naples twice (8/27/23 & 9/7/23). Has anyone tried doing the Amalfi Coast using the ferries on their own? I want to go to Amalfi coast but do not want to do the tight roads again (done that before). Just looking for feedback on how this worked for you and any suggestions for doing it on your own. Also would consider any recommendations for tour companies that would transport by water to/ from Amalfi Coast.

Edited by jk928

Funny, I was just looking into this. It seemed to me that the ferry drops you off in a spot that doesn’t have much going on….I could be wrong. I think we will take the ferry to Capri instead. Curious what others recommend.

In the summer there is regular service from Molo Beverello, adjacent to the cruise port, to the Amalfi Coast.

Given the incredible surge in tourism this year, and the fact that you'd want to be on the first sailing after your arrival, this is one situation where I would suggest buying the tickets for the ferry in advance.